DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro - Emirates Airlines ?

mavicpronewbie

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I am a new drone owner and I was planning to take my Mavic Pro with me during my upcoming trip to the UK.

I am going to be flying with Emirates and will be vi Dubai.

Do we really need to check in the drone or can it be carried as hand luggage?

Thanks!

Yes, I read about it.

I am just concerned about checking in the drone as I don't want to risk it breaking or even worse losing it... :(

Hand luggage for batteries. Cannot be stored in hold anymore. I'd probably keep the whole lot in my hand luggage to be fair as hold luggage can get thrown about quite a bit during loading/unloading.

I flew to Italy from Gatwick and back (BA and EasyJet) - had drone and battery in hand luggage. Was no problem.

I flew to Italy from Gatwick and back (BA and EasyJet) - had drone and battery in hand luggage. Was no problem.
Different airlines and airports have different rules /policies. Which is very silly.

I'

I'm flying from UK to Australia via Dubai on Emirates on Sunday.
Has anyone done this route (or vice versa) recently? WHERE DO I PUT THE MAVIC BATTERIES?!?!
Be glad of your comments, thanks.

Has anyone done this route (or vice versa) recently? WHERE DO I PUT THE MAVIC BATTERIES?!?!
Last I knew lithium batteries were hand luggage only

The best advice will only be from the airline that you’ll be flying with. A short phone call will give you pease of mind I’d hope.

I called Jet blue twice before traveling and got 3 different answers. It seems that there is no absolute rule. I ended up checking the entire thing (batteries and all) No problem

Batteries can explode when fully charged and under pressure. Since cabin pressure is maintained it is required by many airlines to carry batteries in cabin and not to be checked in the baggage.

Casey flew his Spark inside his personal first class cabin on his Emirates flight, so I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have a problem if you carry your batteries.

Reactions: Jimderosa

I did the UK - Dubai - South Africa route three times in the last two months. Batteries and remote in cabin luggage, drone (MP) wrapped up in check-in luggage. No problems.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven