DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

I don't think it was a camera issue but a data processing and/or transport issue that prevented 1080/60 well. So changing some hardware between the camera and storage is probably what was done.
Meaning we have now paid for and completed beta testing of the product and the final version is ready for release. Go figure.

My son made a good point: If DJI had releas
Loosing the super-cool, stealthy dark grey for a lighter tone?

Oh, no, you didn't....

MK

Imagine the hype if they had released the colors in the opposite order. I would have still not found the "upgrade" worth the $$$, but it would have made me want to look into swapping shells.

The "platinum" color just isn't as cool. I'd tag that with a "just my opinion", but if you gave people a choice (with no other difference than color), I'd wager a lot more people would pick the darker, more "stealthy" color. From what I've seen online it's almost universally a "meh" change anyway...

So the color is worse (IMO), the ESC's are improved, and the propellers are all new (and quieter) but can be swapped for $20. Also, even though it's unconfirmed, it will at minimum be less likely to downgrade the firmware should you choose to, perhaps even impossible.

I'm glad DJI did it this way (since I own a G1MP (get it =P?)), but I think they missed the opportunity to make some $$$.

Reactions: MavicKhan
Meaning we have now paid for and completed beta testing of the product and the final version is ready for release. Go figure.
Name me one tech product --- or any product really --- that didn't improve as time went on.

Ok. Sorry. Going to chime in here but that is the most stupidly myopic view yet.

Do you seriously not think these tech companies have these upgrades road mapped out and just wait for people to be 'beta testers' before making critical design and release decisions. To a small degree perhaps but this is all planned. As is the Phantom 5, 5 plus, professional and whatever. As is the inspire 3.

They've sold an absolute cart load of Mavics. They want to sell more. It's pretty simple.

DJI are innovating at the rate of knots. Their customer service and support is somewhat crap (for some) but you can't knock them for innovating.

I get it. It's always fun to knock the new, and I'll be accused of being a fanboy. I'm far from it. I'm actually annoyed there isn't more competition on the market but right now I'd not trust a product from another company with thousands of my hard earned cash.

Ok. Sorry. Going to chime in here but that is the most stupidly myopic view yet.

Do you seriously not think these tech companies have these upgrades road mapped out and just wait for people to be 'beta testers' before making critical design and release decisions. To a small degree perhaps but this is all planned. As is the Phantom 5, 5 plus, professional and whatever. As is the inspire 3.

They've sold an absolute cart load of Mavics. They want to sell more. It's pretty simple.

DJI are innovating at the rate of knots. Their customer service and support is somewhat crap (for some) but you can't knock them for innovating.

I get it. It's always fun to knock the new, and I'll be accused of being a fanboy. I'm far from it. I'm actually annoyed there isn't more competition on the market but right now I'd not trust a product from another company with thousands of my hard earned cash.

Stupid but true. You'll soon learn the frustration of owning DJI. I've left the house now twice to fly somewhere I have flown before and no dice - for no reason. Seen users loose $30,000 jobs because they suddenly could not fly. Horrible mismanagement of the NFZ policy and system. I've stopped buying DJI after seeing crashes proven to be hardware but refused warranty - among many many other reasons including security issues. (I can go on for hours) The H520 is out with a one inch sensor. Yuneec is doing away with no fly zones and allowing the justice system to work as intended. I'm torn between putting all my DJI equipment on eBay to cover the cost of the Yuneec 520 or blowing the 3 birds out of the air and sending DJI the video.

Good luck to you!

Stupid but true. You'll soon learn the frustration of owning DJI. I've left the house now twice to fly somewhere I have flown before and no dice - for no reason. Seen users loose $30,000 jobs because they suddenly could not fly. Horrible mismanagement of the NFZ policy and system. I've stopped buying DJI after seeing crashes proven to be hardware but refused warranty - among many many other reasons including security issues. (I can go on for hours) The H520 is out with a one inch sensor. Yuneec is doing away with no fly zones and allowing the justice system to work as intended. I'm torn between putting all my DJI equipment on eBay to cover the cost of the Yuneec 520 or blowing the 3 birds out of the air and sending DJI the video.

Good luck to you!

I disagree. The "hardware" related issues here seem minimal. If you were on the Phantom Pilots you would have seen much more shell cracking issues, motor and prop mounts etc.

One time my P3 fell out of the sky for no reason. Something with the FW! DJI sent me a new bird, and even send me spare parts like props and gimbal mounts.

Ahhh but they WILL implement them on the new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian "Sapphire Edition", releasing next spring. It'll have 2 more minutes of flight time and 20% less noise, and will be a dark blue color! "Sapppppphhhhiiirrre!"

All for the low low price of $200 more and dealing with a firmware that will randomly turn the drone on in your house and send telemetry and photos to the authorities (just kidding... or AM I???)

Jazz hands!

The Mavic Pro is pretty quiet as it is ... and how often do we listen to it when we lose sight ... imagine if you couldn't hear it!!

Correct.

Have had it flying over some people at 30, 40 meters high, without them even taking notice it was there.

It is noisier on takeoff and landing so it is just perfect this seems to be the kind of noise that's been addressed by the new propeller design.

MK

Noooo, you have to post it here !!

You could play chicken with them at full speed. That would be epic!!

Whats this 520 thing and will we beat the rush to ebay?
Yuneec 520 Drone. Swappable cams and a much safer platform with 6 blades. Little more pricey than DJI but a much better bird than the P4P.

On a positive note: This may give the current MP owners a refreshing break,in the constant,never ending updates!;) Maybe when the new model comes out DJI will concentrate "all" their efforts on it,and finally leave the MP alone! One can only hope!:rolleyes:

Okay people please get over it DJI has kind of pulled one over on us by releasing the Platinum it's basically the same mavic Pro with a new paint job different props and an upgraded ESC electronic speed control that's it. No big hype no big fancy anything small upgrade but yet considered a new release so calm down everybody there will be no big giant surprises here!

Yes, but it only costs $100 more to be cooler. With some folks it's a star bellied sneech kind of thing.
DJI will sell more Mavics now than they would have if they hadn't released it. I'm sure they did their market research, DJI is pretty good at making money.

Reactions: Jimbo40
Tomttop have the older model going for 900 now whereas they're scalping the newer revision at 1200usd. Might be time to grab a bargain

Yuneec 520 Drone. Swappable cams and a much safer platform with 6 blades. Little more pricey than DJI but a much better bird than the P4P.
Absolutely the best thing if you are near London in the UK is the Yuneec office . I had Typhoons for a while and any problem I could just turn up and they would look at it. But the portability and the precise flying of the Mavic for me makes it no competition. If I were inspecting miles of pipeline in remote areas I would probably go for the new Yuneec 520 . But as I am not then the compactness of the Mavic is the perfect answer.

Reactions: cheekymonkeyman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope