DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

Meaning we have now paid for and completed beta testing of the product and the final version is ready for release. Go figure.

For a first model of a new line the MP performs spectacularly. Expecting it to be perfect is a stretch. And really, few need 60 fps.

In pretty much every camera I've owned (a lot) expecting them to be perfect at the edges of their specs is asking a lot.

Reactions: David Cook
How much of a difference can 4db reduction make? I have no clue about db.

Noise measurements in dB are logarithmic. One Bel (10dB) increase is a ten-fold increase in noise, so 3dB is about double (-3dB about half). So two Mavic Platinums running should be a bit quieter than one Mavic Pro. Maybe. If the frequency distribution is the same, and a few other caveats.

Noise measurements in dB are logarithmic. One Bel (10dB) increase is a ten-fold increase in noise, so 3dB is about double (-3dB about half).
3db is double the sound POWER. But human perception of 3db is very slight. 10db is generally considered to be perceived as twice as loud.

3db is double the sound POWER. But human perception of 3db is very slight. 10db is generally considered to be perceived as twice as loud.

3dBA is twice the sound pressure, not power (Lw). Two Mavic Pros will produce a sound pressure level 3dBA higher than one. Noise perception depends upon a lot of factors.

Seriously. I have two pair that will be delivered and slapped on my old rig to get a min or two, (currently averaging 24 mins per flight) flight time and a lower db rating. 54 bucks well spent. I'll rattle can mine platinum. j/k

3dBA is twice the sound pressure, not power (Lw).
Not to derail, but 6db would be a doubling of sound pressure. 3db would be a doubling of sound power (or intensity). :) Basic Acoustics: Main Page

Regardless, I think it will be difficult for anyone to quantify the sound differences in the MP original and Platinum in a post based on marketing numbers... the video that was posted will probably give the best idea until more people have compared them. To me, the the Platinum sounds lower in tone, so the benefit might be as much sound quality as it is total volume. This could also be why they specify the advantage during TO/Landing... that is when you are closest to the drone. Higher frequencies are attenuated more over distance than lower frequencies. Perhaps at a distance, the Platinum doesn't have as much of an advantage, because the higher frequency sounds of the original MP are attenuated more.

Reactions: Urx
The 520 is expensive but looks like a great bird. Here is another, cheaper than DJI, also with interchangeable cameras. BYRD series of aerial fold—GDU Aircraft

The Byrd from GDU is definitely a solid machine and it's flexibility for payload is what most Byrd users really love it about it. For those of you who are not familiar with GDU, they are a Chinese based manufacturer that just opened Service Operations here in the US. They were the makers of THE FIRST foldable drone (well before the Mavic) and that was the original Byrd.

We work with them very closely and they're definitely gaining more and more traction here in the US, and most importantly they are committed to a high level of after-sales support.

O2 is there new smaller aircraft which aligns with the capabilities of the DJI Mavic. They held their launch for this aircraft last week Wednesday at InterDrone in Las Vegas where GDU was also one of the larger marquee exhibitors.

You can check out the Byrd Premium 2.0 here: GDU Byrd Premium 2.0 Quadcopter Drone | Advexure. We also carry all primary accessories (batteries, props, guards, etc) for the Byrd 2.0. We are happy to answer any specific questions containing to the Byrd 2.0.

Reactions: TheRoach
The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order in the DJI Store here. It comes packed with the following new features:
  • New platinum color
  • New FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs
  • New 8331 propeller design
  • Up to 4 dB (60%) quieter than the Mavic Pro
  • Maximum flight time extended from 27 to 30 minutes
More information can be found on DJI's site here.

4 dB really isn't that significant of a perceptible sound difference. A 4dB decrease in sound intensity means about 60% less acoustical energy BUT that doesn't mean that the sound will appear to be about "half as loud" as before to the human ear. The sensation of sound intensity to the human ear is not directly proportional to the acoustical energy in a sound wave. It's more like a logarithmic function of the acoustical energy - which is why the logarithmic dB scale was used in the first place as the scale for measuring and expressing sound intensities as perceived by humans.

The Byrd from GDU is definitely a solid machine and it's flexibility for payload is what most Byrd users really love it about it. For those of you who are not familiar with GDU, they are a Chinese based manufacturer that just opened Service Operations here in the US. They were the makers of THE FIRST foldable drone (well before the Mavic) and that was the original Byrd.

We work with them very closely and they're definitely gaining more and more traction here in the US, and most importantly they are committed to a high level of after-sales support.

O2 is there new smaller aircraft which aligns with the capabilities of the DJI Mavic. They held their launch for this aircraft last week Wednesday at InterDrone in Las Vegas where GDU was also one of the larger marquee exhibitors.

You can check out the Byrd Premium 2.0 here: GDU Byrd Premium 2.0 Quadcopter Drone | Advexure. We also carry all primary accessories (batteries, props, guards, etc) for the Byrd 2.0. We are happy to answer any specific questions containing to the Byrd 2.0.
Glad to hear that - got my eye on one for sure!

Reactions: Advexure
the reduction in noise is an interesting sales pitch. I have never seen a person complain about noise... so its sort of a moot point. Cool, but not terribly game changing by any means.

Reactions: Advexure
the reduction in noise is an interesting sales pitch. I have never seen a person complain about noise... so its sort of a moot point. Cool, but not terribly game changing by any means.

I find that hard to believe.. noise is the biggest reason I sometimes decide not to launch the drone when there are people around.

I find that hard to believe.. noise is the biggest reason I sometimes decide not to launch the drone when there are people around.
My reason for not launching when people are around is people being around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147