DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

thats a lot of money to gain 3 mins and lose 4db

if I didn't have one already its clearly the one to go for, but not enough there to get me double dipping.
I'll keep my mavic pro and just buy the new propellers to get a quieter flight. An extended time of 3 minutes is nothing to get excited about. My average flight is usually only 12 minutes anyway! If they can extend the time to 45 minutes I'll think about switching up to the platinum version.

Can i swap mavic platinum camera with mavic pro camera..?

There is a guy on Youtube that did it and documented it. It was apparently not that hard, but hardly a trivial task. According to him, the firmware is apparently exactly the same and just reads a flag from the camera and behaves accordingly.

EDIT: Sorry. I misread this. I was talking about the 2 and the Zoom.

Last edited:
The increased efficiency is all in the propellers not ESC. We should see similar results when putting the propellers on our Mavics. The new propeller design has slightly more lift and will allow the Mavic to turn a slightly lower RPM. Should really help with Range. I've been looking for larger propellers, but now there is no need with this updated design.
I have problem when use platinum props with my old mavic, the motor so hot( 540rpm vs 580rpm of stock props), I crashed when the motor overhot and melt the arm.

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_110517.jpg
    IMG_20181013_110517.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart