DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro STEALTH Propellers - Master Airscrew Upgrade Premium Pack x4

Don't they sell in 2s? If they did and it was under £20, we could avoid tax by placing 2 orders...right?
I have not seen an option to buy pairs but they might do it for us. However when I first read your post I thought that would not work anyway because of two sets of carriage charges. I am now thinking what maybe you thought. If we had one parcel with two pairs of props and two invoices I wonder how the Post Office would treat it. It is a bit on the tricky side but there again having to pay a minimum fee that is much more than the actual charge means we have the moral high ground. Apart from that, I think the way the Post Office is interpreting HMCE rules is wrong. My wife is a lawyer and I will ask her to read them and see if she agrees. Unless it is cut and dried, the likelihood of the PO changing its charging structure is tiny as the ramifications of being found to be overcharging would be enormous. However, never forget David & Goliath ;)

If you mean the DJI low noise aftermarket props then yes I thought exactly the same. They have a similar broader part near the hub, a different swept back tip and even a bit of go faster paint but no winglet. Very surprised they did not add it but assume they must have tried in the development phase so can only think it did not work for some reason.

I think there are several different ways to handle the vortices. Check out the photo below.
OEM Pro didn't have any
OEM Platinum have kind of backwards winglet like the B767-400
MAS Stealth have kind of a mix between winglets like A330 and B747 - B757.

Looking more at this issue, it seems they are some crazy o_O crazy ways to handle vortices.

1539424948159.png

1539425246183.png

Cheers! :p

Reactions: charliesRig
MA so far, is the best propellers, I was overly concerned of all aftermarket props. But company profile made me click for it and test it.

Responsive, quiet low freq. (lower than the platinum prop on Mavic Pro), good quality build.

The down side for me is just I am concerned for the folding mechanism which too tight where I decided to fold them in and out manually

Good job MasterAirscrew[emoji106] 20181019_145357.jpeg

I just sent a note to them...love the props however with use they seem to bind more over time to the point they will not completely unfold at motor start. put them away until I get replacement or answer how to loosen them up.

I just sent a note to them...love the props however with use they seem to bind more over time to the point they will not completely unfold at motor start. put them away until I get replacement or answer how to loosen them up.
Oh no, please keep us update whats the feedback.

Loosen them up for sure via bolts thst hold them together, or maybe Vaseline?

MA so far, is the best propellers, I was overly concerned of all aftermarket props. But company profile made me click for it and test it.

Responsive, quiet low freq. (lower than the platinum prop on Mavic Pro), good quality build.

The down side for me is just I am concerned for the folding mechanism which too tight where I decided to fold them in and out manually

Good job MasterAirscrew[emoji106] View attachment 50951

Good job MasterAirscrew[emoji106] View attachment 50951
Average 170K RMP? No way that is correct. Any idea what the actual RPM difference is between stock and airscrew in a hover?

Oh no, please keep us update whats the feedback.

Loosen them up for sure via bolts thst hold them together, or maybe Vaseline?

Response from MAS...like this company. They stand behind the product

"I’m very sorry to hear about the issue you have with your propellers.

It won’t be a problem to use WD40 but we need to investigate further, in this connection could please send us a photo of the label attached to back side of the props box.
Also please share, have you had any collisions (even minor) using these propellers in the past.

Additionally, I will ask my colleagues to send you a free replacement just in case, so please reply with your delivery address.

Looking forward to seeing your kind reply."

Got mine today. Very fast delivery time. Flew 3 batteries, and here is my observation : Looks cool with the orange blades. I can not hear any significant difference in sound between these and the low noise props from DJI. Cant see any difference in flight time, but that doesnt bother me, i only fly down to 50% anyway. Yes, you have to unfold them before a flight, they are very stiff on the joints, also doesnt worry me. I just bought them for being different. Quality seems good, so i will keep them for now.

Response from MAS...like this company. They stand behind the product

"I’m very sorry to hear about the issue you have with your propellers.

It won’t be a problem to use WD40 but we need to investigate further, in this connection could please send us a photo of the label attached to back side of the props box.
Also please share, have you had any collisions (even minor) using these propellers in the past.

Additionally, I will ask my colleagues to send you a free replacement just in case, so please reply with your delivery address.

Looking forward to seeing your kind reply."
Than I need to report them as well

I also unfold them but I also unfold the DJI orginals too.

The question I have for those who are mechanically minded is that will there be any issues because they will still be stiff at operational revs - ie would there normally be a bit of movement at the hub or do normal, looser props stay in the exact same position relative to the hub when rotating ? (If that makes sense !)

Also, I know the manufacturer has sanctioned it but I am not sure that WD40 is the best lubricant as I find it can be a magnet for small bits of grit. Personally, I think something that also uses Teflon but without the oil might be better - I am going to try this stuff that people use on sails when they are difficult to slide into grooved tracks etc. It is called Turbo Gel and although I am sure you can get even better low tack solutions, I've got some handy .....

"TurboGel is a white synthetic lubricant incorporating micronised particles of PTFE (TeflonTM) providing a very low coefficient of friction to prevent sticking, reduce wear, repel moisture and fight corrosion."

It does not specifically mention that nothing sticks to it but that is the reason some racing yachts like it as some of their sails cost small fortunes and grit is a major enemy when they are trying to hoist it quicker than the next guy !

and here is my observation : Looks cool with the orange blades. I can not hear any significant difference in sound between these and the low noise props from DJI.
I also cannot tell the difference in these and the DJI Low noise ones but I have lousy judgement sometimes. I think you can get Android apps that use your phone's microphone to measure sound levels. I am not sure how accurate they may be - probably not in absolute terms but maybe quite good when comparing two sound levels. Firing up the Mavic indoors should make enough noise but the problem would be getting the exact same revs (and not taking off !).

Tbh I could not really understand the three sound level traces a few posts ago. I saw they referred to revs but not sure where the sound level came in. Can anyone explain please ?

I also cannot tell the difference in these and the DJI Low noise ones but I have lousy judgement sometimes. I think you can get Android apps that use your phone's microphone to measure sound levels. I am not sure how accurate they may be - probably not in absolute terms but maybe quite good when comparing two sound levels. Firing up the Mavic indoors should make enough noise but the problem would be getting the exact same revs (and not taking off !).

Tbh I could not really understand the three sound level traces a few posts ago. I saw they referred to revs but not sure where the sound level came in. Can anyone explain please ?
It is generated from the Android App Spectroid. You can download it and play with it to understand it better. It tells more than just dB.

Original Pro Propeller on MP produces an annoying high pitch sound/ high freq. Sound
Original Platinum Propeller corrected this and shift it to a more bassy sound/low freq.
MasterAirscrew has a better less annoying smooth bassy sound compares to Platinum propeller.

The RPM I got from the RC,l display, I though it was x1000, but somebody corrected, my mistake it is x10. I dont normally measure this, but when the Platinum props hype was high they were asking for this rpm diff.. when MA props have a lower RPM while idling (not hovering), I am sure it still will show that MA has the lowest RPM, following Plat and then Pro.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661