DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 2 control becomes slow and out of range

alf1956

Reactions
Hello
I am very new to drone flying and i have just purchased a DJi mini 2 second hand with 3 x batteries etc. When i first fly the drone for around 5 minutes it performs great but then it becomes very slow and unresponsive and wont move hardly at all even when i am 10 metres away from the drone, i have tried this with fully charged batteries and it is still the same. It also says maximum range reached when i am quite near the drone around 20 metres away. I would appreciate any help on this please.

Last edited:
Hello, I have never heard of a DJI drone called "11".

Reactions: 13_Dragons
I'm going to imagine that this is possibly a mini 2, or a Mavic 2. In the settings, there is an entry marked "beginner mode". This limits the height and distance the drone can be flown away from the controller. Switch it off and the drone will have greater range. Also, in the settings menu, there are three sliders that determine:

a) how high the drone will fly
b) how far away it can fly
c) how high it will climb when RTH is engaged

Slide the first two as far to the right as you can.
Set the third slider to what you consider a safe height for the drone to climb so that it goes over the top of any building or trees that are between the drone and where you stand.

Reactions: shb and MA2 317
Hello
I am very new to drone flying and i have just purchased a DJI 11 second hand with 3 x batteries etc. When i first fly the drone for around 5 minutes it performs great but then it becomes very slow and unresponsive and wont move hardly at all even when i am 10 metres away from the drone, i have tried this with fully charged batteries and it is still the same. It also says maximum range reached when i am quite near the drone around 20 metres away. I would appreciate any help on this please.
Make sure you are not signed in as a guest. You will need to sign up with your own DJI Account, and were wondering if this is the Mini 2 or Mavic 2 or Air 2 as DJI 11 is a puzzle.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

What's a dji 11?

It's one better than 10.

From the movie - Spinal Tap

:D

I'm going to imagine that this is possibly a mini 2, or a Mavic 2. In the settings, there is an entry marked "beginner mode". This limits the height and distance the drone can be flown away from the controller. Switch it off and the drone will have greater range. Also, in the settings menu, there are three sliders that determine:

a) how high the drone will fly
b) how far away it can fly
c) how high it will climb when RTH is engaged

Slide the first two as far to the right as you can.
Set the third slider to what you consider a safe height for the drone to climb so that it goes over the top of any building or trees that are between the drone and where you stand.
Thank you

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
There is confusion about the drone in question. In post #10 you say Mini 2 and in post #11 you say Mini 3. Use a smartphone and take a photo of the drone (with box) and post it.

Reactions: alf1956 and MA2 317
Hello
I have been trying to work out the problem with my drone and because i am an absolute novice i dont have much idea.
I have done these test in the house so i dont if they are relevant, i am getting avery poor gps signal as you will see by the photos i have added and i dont know if this would affect the drone?
I will try it oudoors later and see if it is still a low gps signal.

Attachments

• IMG_9744.PNG
    IMG_9744.PNG
    879.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9743.jpg
    IMG_9743.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9742.jpg
    IMG_9742.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9739.jpg
    IMG_9739.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 5
Alf, as one old 'codger' to another, have a good look at some youtube videos and google how to download the relevant operator's manual for your drone. It is normal to have low gps when indoors. You will find lots of help on here but be prepared to do a bit of research on the intenet as well.

Reactions: alf1956
Hello
I have been trying to work out the problem with my drone and because i am an absolute novice i dont have much idea.
I have done these test in the house so i dont if they are relevant, i am getting avery poor gps signal as you will see by the photos i have added and i dont know if this would affect the drone?
I will try it oudoors later and see if it is still a low gps signal.
I see two issues from the screenshots
1. Your SD card is slow and will cause issues if recording 4k video
2. You're trying to get GPS signal while indoors. That is nearly impossible. Go outside and you'll see the GPS signal change.

Reactions: alf1956
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet