DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 vs Mavic Pro - what to buy in 2022?

DJI Mini 2 vs Mavic Pro - what to buy in 2022?

• Total voters

fate

Reactions
Which one is better to buy in 2022 and why?
DJI Mini 2 or Mavic Pro? Please do not refer to regulations - lets say we fly ony on countraside far from the people

Mini 2
+small and quiet
+DJI Care
+better range
+Video bitrate
+More sats galileo

Mavic Pro
+obstacle avoidance / tracking modes
+faster
+ATTI Mode
+more solid
+double IMU / vent fan
+old aprature but all parameters without smartphone
+DJI Go 4?
+Lattency?
+wind resistant?

How do you think?

@fate the biggest issue against the MP is the aging technology,and whether it will still be supported ,as time goes by ,and also spares availability ,with regards to consumables

• Sad
Reactions: vindibona1 and fate
Do you need tracking and preprogrammed shots for what you want to do?

One thing not on your lists is that everything Mini 2 is less expensive, particularly batteries! And, as @old man mavic wrote, Mini 2 parts and accessories are much more available.

Reactions: fate
Do you need tracking and preprogrammed shots for what you want to do?

One thing not on your lists is that everything Mini 2 is less expensive, particularly batteries! And, as @old man mavic wrote, Mini 2 parts and accessories are much more available.
the price of an aircraft or batteries are the same in my country, i may say you can buy used FMC in price of new standalone mini2
If possible i would be glad to use tracking when backcountry snowboarding, but im not sure if even modern drones can do it confidently

The Mavic Pro is almost beyond legacy. It may be in perfect working order, but do the batteries hold a full charge and fly for a sufficient amount of time. Can you buy new batteries right now? If you crash it badly what then. At least with the Mini 2 you can buy care refresh.

If you want to go with a used drone the best bet is to try to find a used Mavic 2 Pro or a used or refurbished Air2s. If this is your first drone, take heed from a lot of us who have purchased our first drones, then realized we're more addicted/obsessed than we though and buy a "better" drone only weeks later. Think of it as a long term investment that you will grow into- often way faster than you think. Just think about that for a moment. If you pay up for what you think you might need, you'll forget about the cost 30 seconds after you write the check. If you hedge your bets you might regret the decision for a long time.

Good luck

The Mavic Pro is almost beyond legacy. It may be in perfect working order, but do the batteries hold a full charge and fly for a sufficient amount of time. Can you buy new batteries right now? If you crash it badly what then. At least with the Mini 2 you can buy care refresh.

If you want to go with a used drone the best bet is to try to find a used Mavic 2 Pro or a used or refurbished Air2s. If this is your first drone, take heed from a lot of us who have purchased our first drones, then realized we're more addicted/obsessed than we though and buy a "better" drone only weeks later. Think of it as a long term investment that you will grow into- often way faster than you think. Just think about that for a moment. If you pay up for what you think you might need, you'll forget about the cost 30 seconds after you write the check. If you hedge your bets you might regret the decision for a long time.

Good luck
i flew some non DJI drones and i made an NSTS certification where i was training on many DJI's as phantom, mavic pro, mini, Air 2s, FPV and short time even Inspire.

Of course i want Air 2s but i know i dont need this ill be recreational but active user thats why i decide to buy budget drone until ill have my flying skills fully developed.
Flying with Mavic was easier for me due to it could be seen even from 500m i was loving flying and practising ATTI mode aswell.
The mini was more quiet but had no sensors, i know mini 2 have the same controller what can be used with Air 2s - telephone screen above the aparature was very positive for me
I dont need new unit, because i dont buy this for rest of my life
I can buy mosty used Mavic Pro batteries, but people sell sets with even 6 batteries - it should be enough for me for 1-2 seasons

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu