DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair switched my controller!

Lonniex

Reactions
My drone crashed for no particular reason, I sent it in to DJI repair along with controller. The Mavic Pro and controller are only 6 months old. DJI did replace drone but sent me old scratched up controller with faded buttons in return for my pristine controller. To my amazement the S/N was scratched off with something like an exacto knife. They are saying that my six month old controller already had s/n scratched off and Home button we're worn off. I'm raising a stink trying to get a equivalent controller back I'll keep you all posted on what they do.

Lonz

Attachments

• IMG_20181229_093430.jpg
    IMG_20181229_093430.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20181229-093654.png
    Screenshot_20181229-093654.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 80
Good to know, so be sure to photograph what you send off to DJI repair and include those copies when you send off your drone so they can't pull another fast one like this, on another owner. That is terrible.

My drone crashed for no particular reason, I sent it in to DJI repair along with controller. The Mavic Pro and controller are only 6 months old. DJI did replace drone but sent me old scratched up controller with faded buttons in return for my pristine controller. To my amazement the S/N was scratched off with something like an exacto knife. They are saying that my six month old controller already had s/n scratched off and Home button we're worn off. I'm raising a stink trying to get a equivalent controller back I'll keep you all posted on what they do.

Lonz
Hey Lonz,
Can you post your flight log?

When I get home, I'll try to post it.... Never did it on here before.

Lonz

Reactions: JDawg
Thank you for your compassion, I learned this the hard way to always take pictures before you send it. It's very frustrating to know what you had and to see what they sent. did you see the picture? It's crazy how they scraped off my serial number.

Lonz

That is probably a mistake on their part but hard to say. I recently sent in my second hand Pro Platinum with 1 day left on the warranty and they replaced it and the controller from what I can tell. The serial number of both are different, all the factory stickers were present and not a scratch or mark in sight. Probably the best customer service event I have ever had, including those from Apple, which have been awesome. I purchased the Care Refresh as a kind of "Thank You" even though I will probably sell this unit in a few months when I decide which new Mavic I want.

Reactions: Lonniex
Thank you for your compassion, I learned this the hard way to always take pictures before you send it. It's very frustrating to know what you had and to see what they sent. did you see the picture? It's crazy how they scraped off my serial number.

Lonz

No excuse whatsoever...hearing of one story where they did everything right and in your case,everything WRONG...good suggestion taking pictures of all and it wouldn't be a bad idea to send copies along with what you need to be fixed...They will know that you have documented everything sent and i would think that doing so would stop any monkey business...this should not happen...These instruments pack serious potential for serious injury or death when in use...having slipshod work done on one of these drones has potential for doing so

Update: After lengthy discussions and threatening emails to upper management, (with negitive blog entries and Google reviews)....DJI decided to replace the fraudulent replacement of an old controller with my six month old controller, but..... the new controller has yet to be seen upon sending in old controller. So, it seems my complaint was listened to, that my controller had the serial number scratched off and that they will replace with a brand new controller. Upper management agreed with me on the phone that my controller should not have been worn out within six months of use. I am happy but still frustrated due to I have not had my controller for 4 weeks of no flying. Remedy: when sending your drone in for repair take lots of pictures of drone and serial number controller and serial number etc.

Lonz

Last edited:
Finally getting the brand new controller! Had to climb corporate ladder to upper management with my complaint. Proved that controller sent was not the one I had sent and now receiving brand new controller. Lesson learned: take many pictures of what you send to them so they can send you the same or equivalent back.

Lonz

Lonz
Oh, wow.....shady! I have not been impressed with their support in my own experience and in hearing a lot of other situations from other people.

Reactions: Lonniex

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1