DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI SERVICE IS TERRIBLE

Most Mavics DO NOT have quirks. Where are you getting your information from? I have bought, sold and repaired over 350 DJI products, including over 100 Mavics, and I always demo the product for the customer if they are buying it locally and help them get it set up. I also offer post-sales support, and I can count on my hand the number of quirks customers have had that required their Mavics to be sent back to DJI. Most problems are due to improper setup or operation of the drone.

I give a little bit of advice and problem solving here, and very few times will I relent and tell the owner to send it back to DJI because its a mechanical problem from the factory. Its a well known fact that alot of people join here to get advice because they have a setup problem, but most of those problems are cured by the advice they get here.
I must agree

THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!!! I agree communication is awful, it takes 3-7 business days for each step. My Mavic arrived on March 17th took it out of the box and the front sensors would not calibrate, I tried everything multiple computers so DJI said send it in. I thought about just returning it. I wish I would have. I sent it out on March 23rd. That was the only issue by the way. Today is April 18 its still showing under repair by the time they send it back its going to be 5-6 weeks. Brutal since I paid 1200.00 for something that didn't work straight out of the box. DJI should have just replaced it and been done with it. Still waiting. I will update when I finally get it back.

Reactions: kona
Wow it seems they have gone downhill at a neck-breaking pace! BM (Before Mavic) I had to send in my P3P and Inspire 1 for service, and the total turnaround from leaving me to return was under 2 weeks in both cases. Great communication the whole time. I'm sure they are inundated by the sheer mass of Mavics being returned to them (which then brings into question Quality Control), but it's rare now to hear a positive story coming from a repair. And yes, if you open your box and it is DOA they should undoubtedly just send you a new unit once they get it back. A lesson learned I suppose, buy from someone like Amazon or B&H and just return it for a new unit. Especially Amazon, when I return something to them if the original order was fulfilled by them I get a refund immediately after I drop it off at UPS.

THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!!! I agree communication is awful, it takes 3-7 business days for each step. My Mavic arrived on March 17th took it out of the box and the front sensors would not calibrate, I tried everything multiple computers so DJI said send it in. I thought about just returning it. I wish I would have. I sent it out on March 23rd. That was the only issue by the way. Today is April 18 its still showing under repair by the time they send it back its going to be 5-6 weeks. Brutal since I paid 1200.00 for something that didn't work straight out of the box. DJI should have just replaced it and been done with it. Still waiting. I will update when I finally get it back.

Yep, what pisses me off even more than the slow turnaround time for repairs is that they should offer a 30 day refund/replacement, no questions asked, for drones that come with defects out of the box (like mine did). It's NOT cool to ask customers to send their new drone in and wait for a repair/replacement for 30 or more days if there's a manufacturing defect.

I'm glad they build these technological marvels, but they really need to improve big time on the customer service front.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro