DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do i need an FAA UAS License to fly my Mavic???

Hey after you do the 5 dollar online registration do they send you a real card to carry around? I got the email with a picture of a card attached. Just wondering if I will get a real copy in the mail. Thanks!

Hey after you do the 5 dollar online registration do they send you a real card to carry around? I got the email with a picture of a card attached. Just wondering if I will get a real copy in the mail. Thanks!
If you are talking merely about the drone registration, then no, they don't send you are card to carry around. You can print out the PDF if you like and carry that.

I got the email with a picture of a card attached.
If you registered with the FAA here, you should have an FAA registration certificate. You're required to either print that out and keep it on your person when flying or have some way to access it digitally.

Per the FAA's FAQ:

"Federal law requires UAS operators who are required to register (those not flying exclusively under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft) to show the certificate of registration to any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer if asked. You can show it electronically or show the printed certificate."

I will come as tourist in USA and I would like use my drone to take pictures. Have to do some with FAA ?
Thank u for help.

Ciao... Did you get your FAA permission? I also am traveling soon to the US. Graze

If you registered with the FAA here, you should have an FAA registration certificate. You're required to either print that out and keep it on your person when flying or have some way to access it digitally.

Per the FAA's FAQ:

"Federal law requires UAS operators who are required to register (those not flying exclusively under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft) to show the certificate of registration to any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer if asked. You can show it electronically or show the printed certificate."

Do you know if it matters where (in the world) you live?

Do you know if it matters where (in the world) you live?
You'll need to register with the FAA before flying in the US (no matter where you live).

Msinger ? Registered mine 16 months ago, did not print anything, how do I go about finding my certificate now. Tried can't find where to go it wants me to reregister.

Yeah but, l mean you can register if your residence is abroad? Thanks.
It does not matter where you currently reside, where you were born, etc. If you're physically standing in the US and you want to fly, you'll need to register with the FAA before flying.

It does not matter where you currently reside, where you were born, etc. If you're physically standing in the US and you want to fly, you'll need to register with the FAA before flying.

But l just need to register? I dont have to pass that exam? Thanks

I dont have to pass that exam?
No exam is required when flying as a hobbyist. All you need to do is take a few minutes to register online.

No exam is required when flying as a hobbyist. All you need to do is take a few minutes to register online.

Thank alot! I know the info is somewhere, tried to find it a couple of times. I appreciate you helping me out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54