DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you have a "Black Budget" for your drone stuff?

Former Member

Reactions
In the USA, the government has what I call, "Black Budgets" for things that they dont want anyone to know that they are buying. As DJI comes out with all their new "must have" drones (M2E), it's getting more difficult to hide my new acquisitions from my wife. I used to use cash and then hide the new item for a while until I could sell something, so I could justify the new purchase to my wife. But now things are getting serious. M2E is just short of $3000 and thats alot of cash to try and muster. Ive already taken the money out of the cupholders in my car, piggy bank, and the mattress money, but Im still around $2900 short. What do you do if you really need (want) something but just dont think the wife will back you on it?

In the USA, the government has what I call, "Black Budgets" for things that they dont want anyone to know that they are buying. As DJI comes out with all their new "must have" drones (M2E), it's getting more difficult to hide my new acquisitions from my wife. I used to use cash and then hide the new item for a while until I could sell something, so I could justify the new purchase to my wife. But now things are getting serious. M2E is just short of $3000 and thats alot of cash to try and muster. Ive already taken the money out of the cupholders in my car, piggy bank, and the mattress money, but Im still around $2900 short. What do you do if you really need (want) something but just dont think the wife will back you on it?
well there's a bit of a difference from "Momma don't know" money and just not having it available, running a business tell her you can write that off your income and it's like $900 back in your pocket (assuming a 30% tax rate) or there's always the old buy and pray she doesn't notice.
Me I have a fun allowance I give myself to buy stuff I throw money there every check it's not a lot but adds up quickly and of course sometimes I have to tellmyself NO ! but then I don't talk to me for a few days and then I get bored because I know what I like to hear

well there's a bit of a difference from "Momma don't know" money and just not having it available, running a business tell her you can write that off your income and it's like $900 back in your pocket (assuming a 30% tax rate) or there's always the old buy and pray she doesn't notice.
Me I have a fun allowance I give myself to buy stuff I throw money there every check it's not a lot but adds up quickly and of course sometimes I have to tellmyself NO ! but then I don't talk to me for a few days and then I get bored because I know what I like to hear
Genious! So by putting away $50 each paycheck by the end of the year you could have an inspire.

When I got the Mavic Pro, I used subliminal messaging, and my wife went down to Best Buy and bought it. Which now I want an Inspire 2 and that subliminal messaging isn't working as well.

The black account is for Pew Pew toys.

When I got the Mavic Pro, I used subliminal messaging, and my wife went down to Best Buy and bought it. Which now I want an Inspire 2 and that subliminal messaging isn't working as well.

The black account is for Pew Pew toys.

The pew pew toys are included in the Black Account as well as Vroom Vroom toya and sometimes I just say the hell with it

as i said in other posts on a similar theme i guess i am lucky my wife does not have any interest in my hobby and as such a drone is just a drone to her would not know a phantom from a mav or any other drone we both have our own disposable income and she spends hers on things she likes and i do the same as i said i am very lucky if i want something expensive i just save up for it

as i said in other posts on a similar theme i guess i am lucky my wife does not have any interest in my hobby and as such a drone is just a drone to her would not know a phantom from a mav or any other drone we both have our own disposable income and she spends hers on things she likes and i do the same as i said i am very lucky if i want something expensive i just save up for it

Same here[emoji16]. My problem is keeping everything instead of getting rid of stuff I don’t use anymore. I have every drone/accessories bought since the beginning [emoji15]

Same here[emoji16]. My problem is keeping everything instead of getting rid of stuff I don’t use anymore. I have every drone/accessories bought since the beginning [emoji15]
me also 7 drones and a shed to house them all thank goodness

Reactions: mnis
and yes they all still fly and all i need is the weather and time to get them in the air great fun keeping batts in good condition takes up two days a month charging discharging them all around 30 batts at the last count

My boss treats me very good. I get an allowance of over 500.00 a month put into my own personal account to do what ever I want... she pays all the bills, and I’m not allowed to touch the other accounts..

My experience has been, generally, that SWMBO is good at counting, not so good at recognizing differences (with boy stuff). For example most SWMBOs will never see the difference between a Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 Pro. OTH, don't try telling her that your Inspire 2 is your Mavic with its landing gear extended...at least not on my planet. My advice is to work your way up to a satisfactory number of drones, motorcycles, and/or etc. and then remove and replace them with discretion.

My experience has been, generally, that SWMBO is good at counting, not so good at recognizing differences (with boy stuff). For example most SWMBOs will never see the difference between a Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 Pro. OTH, don't try telling her that your Inspire 2 is your Mavic with its landing gear extended...at least not on my planet. My advice is to work your way up to a satisfactory number of drones, motorcycles, and/or etc. and then remove and replace them with discretion.
I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not unusual for my wife to ask, "Oh is that a new one? What happened to the black one? So if you have a few white ones and a few black ones as long as they are around the same size and make the same noise, changing them out shouldn't be an issue.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not unusual for my wife to ask, "Oh is that a new one? What happened to the black one? So if you have a few white ones and a few black ones as long as they are around the same size and make the same noise, changing them out shouldn't be an issue.

Works for motorcycles too.

Reactions: Former Member
reminds me of when I was told " Mike buy the biggest gun safe you can, because then she'll never know how many you bought !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe