DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think litchi is needed now?

and about the time you're done doing that it's time to RTH and change batteries? ;)

At least you know exactly where your Mavic will be flying and not relying on google earth. This is for professionals who need very accurate flights, especially flying around buildings for construction and so forth.

I hope you realize google earth is not very accurate in all directions, especially the elevation.

At least you know exactly where your Mavic will be flying and not relying on google earth.

As an outsider looking in (at Waypoints,) I believe MW's logic is irrefutable (as long as you don't crash her building the mission.) <smiling> Of course not, right? But Real World Waypoints are without question better than those from Google E. Besides, you're burning a battery (at least for now,) building the mission indoors...may as well fly the little girl and use the juice that way? Just wonderin'...

Travis: I enjoyed your post very much and I hope it makes me get off my behind and try the darn waypoint business. Probably "fear of the unknown" (coupled with expensive toy,) keeps most of us older and not so adventurous types away from Litchi. But I'm gonna make myself duit soon so thanks for the kick. <grin>

Thanks, always glad to inspire (wait, wrong forum? ;) ) I'm probably older, or at least still considered old by most. I did serve in Vietnam after all... maybe some of that led to my adventuresomeness?

As an outsider looking in (at Waypoints,) I believe MW's logic is irrefutable (as long as you don't crash her building the mission.) Of course not, right? But Real World Waypoints are without question better than those from Google E. Besides, you're burning a battery (at least for now,) building the mission indoors...may as well fly the little girl and use the juice that way? Just wonderin'...

Now that you can save the mission, you can always fly the mission with another battery or the next day. I’m just saying.

Besides, I think if you’re flying professionally batteries is not an issue!

Reactions: LakeTravis
Now that you can save the mission, you can always fly the mission with another battery or the next day. I’m just saying.

Besides, I think if you’re flying professionally batteries is not an issue!

Yeah, I thought about that and understood that aspect. My reply was just kind of tongue-in-cheek... I've been there when creating waypoints while in the air... these things are getting so darn (can't say dam) cool! happy flying!

Outside of waypoints,with litchi, you can have the drone follow you by the gps of your controller. Great option for times when there is not enough vision for visual tracking (ex - above the trees, following through the woods)

Reactions: MavicWorld
Yeah, I thought about that and understood that aspect. My reply was just kind of tongue-in-cheek... I've been there when creating waypoints while in the air... these things are getting so darn (can't say dam) cool! happy flying!

No problems. I’m sorry if it came across a bit harsh. It’s difficult to know when someone is kidding or not.

Are any of you on the TestFlight list? I just got a notice that a new beta version was out and I wonder if they tweaked the gimbal issue you have? Just a thought.
No they didn't. The only change was the option to use Apple Maps instead of Google Maps.

Travis: I enjoyed your post very much and I hope it makes me get off my behind and try the darn waypoint business. Probably "fear of the unknown" (coupled with expensive toy,) keeps most of us older and not so adventurous types away from Litchi. But I'm gonna make myself duit soon so thanks for the kick. <grin>

While older than dirt (and you), the absence of places to fly around me are keeping me from exploring waypoints. I guess I can scope at the four corners of the soccer field, then criss-cross it and then reverse the course just do have something to do. And maybe I should just do that. And who said "you've already spent millions on this toy, what's another $23" probably has the right slant on things. But then I'd have to give up the SEMI-smart controller!

Reactions: LakeTravis
No problems. I’m sorry if it came across a bit harsh. It’s difficult to know when someone is kidding or not.

You didn’t at all... I don’t generally get offended at most thing, life’s too short and hear we’re dead a really long time

Reactions: MavicWorld
Another reason I use LITCHI is because one of my favorite flying modes on the old Mavic was “Course Lock”. DJI Go 4 no longer offers that function, LITCHI does!

Reactions: Robert Granata
Since we have waypoints and it looks impressive, is litchi still a viable option now? Obviously you have a lot more gimbal control in litchi but hopefully DJI will incorporate more gimbal actions with waypoints. Your opinions?

I downloaded Litchi for my P3P. Then, bought a P4P before I ever got a chance to test Litchi. Now, I've moved on to the M2P. Does Litchi work for all of these drones?

I would like to point out two other aspects that I like on Litchi very much.

1. Litchi gives you voice feedback for the most important telemetry. I use battery status voiced back to me every 90sec. It has helped me many times when I was distracted by creating smooth footage not to forget coming home. Smart RTH is nice but fails when you have to deal with wind.

2. I'm using an iPad Mini 4. DJI Go4 does work fluently when I have turned off the on device recording and/or the temperature does not exceed +28 C. Otherwise DJI Go4 throws the message that my device CPU is fully loaded. This is because Apple throttles down the iPad when CPU load is high at high temperatures. Litchi seems to be more efficient because it stay fluent at all temperatures with on device recording activated.

Reactions: Lv2fly2
I was pumped when I saw that the latest Go4 included waypoints, then let down abruptly when I read it only has waypoints for the M2. Not being one to jump on the bandwagon to have the latest and greatest, my faithful MA was left out in the cold. So two days ago, I bit the bullet and coughed up the $25 for Litchi. Obviously still being very early on the learning curve, but find Litchi truly amazing! setting up a mission with waypoints adds tremendously to the whole experience. The only issue I find so far is how to download photos and videos to my phone in Litchi, which is probably due to my position on the learning curve, so if anyone has further insight...

I don’t know about the others, but it works great for the M2P.

With one major caveat: LITCHI has a bug (they claim it's a DJI firmware issue) with Mavic 2 that causes a jerkiness in the gimbal when transitioning between waypoints. I follow up with LITCHI every month or so to check on the status of this, but as of 2/3/2019, it's still a major issue.

With one major caveat: LITCHI has a bug (they claim it's a DJI firmware issue) with Mavic 2 that causes a jerkiness in the gimbal when transitioning between waypoints.

I believe their (Litchi) claim as waypoints 2.0 has the same issue.

I set up 2 identical simple missions, one with DJI Waypoints and one with Litchi and the jerkiness while trying to keep focus on the POI was equally as bad on both.

My MPP was silky smooth by comparison.

With one major caveat: LITCHI has a bug (they claim it's a DJI firmware issue) with Mavic 2 that causes a jerkiness in the gimbal when transitioning between waypoints. I follow up with LITCHI every month or so to check on the status of this, but as of 2/3/2019, it's still a major issue.
There is also a major issue with jerkiness during panning, especially counter-clockwise.

Litchi supports "poor man's goggles", such as Samsung's Gear VR or any device which holds the uers's smartphone in front of their face. True, the resolution is lower than with DJI Goggles (720 vs. 1080) and there is no dual controller (smartphone + goggles) mode. On the other hand Litchi's VR mode does not suffer from DJI's very short range.
hi the 'poor man's goggles' are attractive . . are there instructions on how to use , please.. where do I find them? thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure