DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DOES HOME LOCK AFFECT RETURN TO HOME

mikebambi

Reactions
IF YOU USE HOME LOCK AFTER RETURN TO HOME MODE WILL IT ERASE RETURN TO HOME MODE ?

No need to shout :)

Not quite sure what your question is. But RTH is always available as long as you have enough GPS satellites and have recorded a homepoint.

Reactions: locoman
No need to shout :)

Not quite sure what your question is. But RTH is always available as long as you have enough GPS satellites and have recorded a homepoint.
home lock goes back to location so does return to home what if you use both will it return home

do I have to push stop to get out of home lock to return to home mode since they both do the same thing
Nope.

Home Lock is an "Intelligent Flight Mode". As soon as you trigger a Return to Home it will switch out of Home lock and carny out the return to home procedure.

They really only vaguely do the same thing, by the way.

Home lock = back stick will make the aircraft fly towards the home point at current height with no regard for aircraft heading. So it could reverse into a tree.

RTH = a procedure involving stop, climb to RTH if not already @ or > that height. Turn face home, fly to home point, turn to face take off direction and descend vertically. Obstacle avoidance and precision landing may be in effect.

Never had any use for home lock myself.

So it could reverse into a tree.
You mean YOU could reverse into a tree yourself. You're still controlling the craft in Homelock.

Nope.

Home Lock is an "Intelligent Flight Mode". As soon as you trigger a Return to Home it will switch out of Home lock and carny out the return to home procedure.

They really only vaguely do the same thing, by the way.

Home lock = back stick will make the aircraft fly towards the home point at current height with no regard for aircraft heading. So it could reverse into a tree.

RTH = a procedure involving stop, climb to RTH if not already @ or > that height. Turn face home, fly to home point, turn to face take off direction and descend vertically. Obstacle avoidance and precision landing may be in effect.

Never had any use for home lock myself.

thank you so much you answered my question

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic