DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

I opened a support ticket with DJI and their answer was: send in for repair.
Not sure, what I will do - I asked them what their solution to this problem might be, but I don't expect to get a real answer to that...

Jut got a follow up eMail vom DJI support:

As for your issue, please kindly try to redo the upgrade :
Mavic Tutorials- Upgrading/Downgrading Firmware with DJI Go App
Mavic Tutorials- Upgrading/Downgrading Firmware with DJI Assistant 2
And please make sure the Operating Temperature between 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C).
If the problem persists, we recommend sending your product for diagnosis and repair.

I opened a support ticket with DJI and their answer was: send in for repair.
Not sure, what I will do - I asked them what their solution to this problem might be, but I don't expect to get a real answer to that...

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Same answer, send in for repair. Asked them three times what they thought of the pics, they did not answer that, only response was to send in for repair.

Got it back today. They could not find any fault. Cleaned the sensor and sent it back :(

If your stills are OK there's nothing wrong with the sensor so sending it back is a waste of time. Hopefully a future firmware update will improve it. In the meantime don't turn down the sharpening or contrast. It's the compression/noise reduction process.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: JoshuaCarlton
Well This should tell you about DJI and the people who represent !

photoboy Posted at 2017-2-10 10:40
For those who are looking for support from DJI I just PM DJI ken the following to see if I could get some help…..

The reply I received from DJI KEN over on the DJI forum ~

If you feel your Mavic camera is not operating as advertised, I suggest contacting support and sending it in for evaluation. Others have posted no issues, so if may be your camera.
My Mavic is just fine for what it is.
If I want to get extremely high quality, then I would use the Inspire with an X5 camera.
Here is the link if you want to send it in for evaluation.

What a JOKE !

DJI Repair Service Center

My reply to DJI :

WOW thats it? How can you say “Others have posted no issues” ???? I can show over 100 pages of threads where others are having this issue. I have the X5 I also had issues with the x5 as well as the Osmo plus just FYI but If we that are posting these issues are valid and educated in the field of photography and have some sort of smarts about what we are talking abut then maybe just maybe DJI you should take note as it will only benefit you and the product! Trust me Id rather be out flying and producing beautiful images and video than setting here trying to get a fix on a new product I punched from DJI ! I find it hard to believe that If I can reset the mavic from NTCS to PAL it resets to NO WATER COLOR EFFECT! but when I turn off and reboot it goes back to the WATER color effect. This is a FIRMWARE ISSUE! Not a physical camera issue ! NO NEED TO SHIP BACK TO YOU TO LOOK AT ~! Please LOOK and hear what is being said here as we are not doing this for our HEALTH !

Reactions: AyeYo and Pedro
Got to say im facing similar problems and im very surprised this issue isnt even being looked into.
Spent all day yesterday up in Glencoe, only to find alot of the footage is useless. One minute the image is as perfect as i'd expect from this camera, the rest, its very poor. With no change in settings whatsoever, it can go from great, to grainy, the watercolour effect, blotchy etc etc. Its bizarre.

Reactions: photoboy
I even had a shot yesterday were it was fine one minute, then next, the video sort of jumps ( i'd imagine it was the gimbal ) and it goes right out of focus in real time.

Got to say im facing similar problems and im very surprised this issue isnt even being looked into.
Spent all day yesterday up in Glencoe, only to find alot of the footage is useless. One minute the image is as perfect as i'd expect from this camera, the rest, its very poor. With no change in settings whatsoever, it can go from great, to grainy, the watercolour effect, blotchy etc etc. Its bizarre.
please voice your issue here as we’ll as DJI is online going back and forth with me now ..
Water color sharping Issue!

I also can confirm When you shoot in PAL at 24fps 4k all is sharp ! and it stays sharp! after you turn off mavic and turn it back on … could other s having issue try this and could those who think that don’t try this and compare images as my JPGS are sharp !

Reactions: Pedro
I did another quick test. Same overall settings - only difference +1 setting and RESET!
Clear winner:
Settings at 0 0 0 after reset PAL / NTSC / PAL or NTSC / PAL / NTSC

Attachments

• mavic test.png
    mavic test.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: peros550
OK - I did fly another 2 batteries this afternoon, did video and stil. After each on/off I did the PAL Reset - and all the material is perfectly fine! Watercolor gone completely all the time. BTW it was minus 2 Celsius - so cold. I will not sent it to DJI for repair. I hope for the next firmware.

So you have to reboot, reset the camera then adjust all your settings again?

I also can confirm When you shoot in PAL at 24fps 4k all is sharp ! and it stays sharp! after you turn off mavic and turn it back on … could other s having issue try this and could those who think that don’t try this and compare images as my JPGS are sharp !
me.

That doesn't work for me. I shot in pal and 24fps and the video started off fine then gradually got worse after about 2 mins. Same flight and same file.

BTW i have looked at many Mavic videos here and on youtube and my impression is, that very many have the watercolor problem, but they just don't know it!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

BTW i have looked at many Mavic videos here and on youtube and my impression is, that very many have the watercolor problem, but they just don't know it!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I said the same thing ! You should red the post I started over on DJi forum I got DJI ken to send this information to the Tech department time will tell It was hard to get him to budge as he’s reply was send it in !

FYI I just read this off the DJI forum Water color sharping Issue!

Drone-discovery said:

Thought I would let the group know....

I brought this to the attention of a contact I have who is pretty high up at DJI North America.
He confirmed with me that DJI is well aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
Not sure why they don't respond to anyone online, but my contact doesn't work in customer relations or marketing.

Hopefully we see a fix soon.

Reactions: photoboy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J