DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

Did they give any explanation for replacing the camera? I find it hard to believe that what is obviously a software compression issue has anything to do with the camera.

Nope- but they never do. I simply sent them the pictures and they evaluated and had their repair team replace the camera. I think it's important to note, not everyone has the issue nor do they need to do a workaround to get it to work. So I'm not sure it's solely a software issue. Time will tell when I get mine back

I can't remember if I ever saw a sample picture showing the water color issue taken during a bright day. Maybe the issue occurs mostly when lighting conditions are not ideal?

Reactions: hifli
I received my mavic on Jan 24th. Used it for the first time ever on Jan 31st during my trip to Mexico. Came back on Feb 6th and noticed all my videos looked like garbage and no usable for anything. I opened a request with DJI on Feb 8 to request a refund,, they took their sweet time to respond during the whole week and after several days no, its too late for the refund.
A new firmware came out yestrday night but that has not solved the issue. DJI offers to exchage the mavic, but im going to have a new unit replaced with a refurbished one that has the same problem. DJI forum has several threads on this issue..

I'm going to open a case with Paypal. I refuse to pay $1300 for a defective product. Do you think i can get a refund that way?

Reactions: AyeYo
I received my mavic on Jan 24th. Used it for the first time ever on Jan 31st during my trip to Mexico. Came back on Feb 6th and noticed all my videos looked like garbage and no usable for anything. I opened a request with DJI on Feb 8 to request a refund,, they took their sweet time to respond during the whole week and after several days no, its too late for the refund.
A new firmware came out yestrday night but that has not solved the issue. DJI offers to exchage the mavic, but im going to have a new unit replaced with a refurbished one that has the same problem. DJI forum has several threads on this issue..

I'm going to open a case with Paypal. I refuse to pay $1300 for a defective product. Do you think i can get a refund that way?

Not when DJI's line is "that's the quality you can expect. Don't like it? Buy an M600 with a real camera."

Garbage customer service.

here is my last test this is after updated firmwarentscxx.jpg ntsebefore.jpg palx.jpg

Both pictures improved after the Reset.

Rob

I can't remember if I ever saw a sample picture showing the water color issue taken during a bright day. Maybe the issue occurs mostly when lighting conditions are not ideal?
There is something to this... I've noticed is more likely to happen at dusk, even at iso locked to 100

Sent from my KING7 using MavicPilots mobile app

There is something to this... I've noticed is more likely to happen at dusk, even at iso locked to 100

Sent from my KING7 using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes I did some pictures comparing my DSLR to the Mavic and iPhone 6+.
The Mavic camera has very little dynamic range compared to even the iPhone 6+
I am not complaining because I realized this thing is built to a cost and a better camera might have jacked up the price by $300. It's not just dropping in a bigger better camera, one has to factor in all the other changes that are needed.

Reactions: hifli
Yes I did some pictures comparing my DSLR to the Mavic and iPhone 6+.
The Mavic camera has very little dynamic range compared to even the iPhone 6+
I am not complaining because I realized this thing is built to a cost and a better camera might have jacked up the price by $300. It's not just dropping in a bigger better camera, one has to factor in all the other changes that are needed.

Doubt it, Camera modules these days are cheap!.

Reactions: Ted903
Dumb question. Why wouldnt we all want to record in PAL if its better quality. This being digital media should be playable all tv color systems, No?

Well Guys They did it banned me for putting test of faulty Mavic in publics eye ! I no longer can go to the forum

I saw the thread. You got their attention for sure :)
I hope they listened to your reset trick and come up with a software fix

Well Guys They did it banned me for putting test of faulty Mavic in publics eye ! I no longer can go to the forum
You could also try to send your Mavic back for replacement, if you could stand the waiting

Photoboy, have you tried using one of those camera test charts (is there a name for them?) to try to isolate the issue in a more controlled environment? Maybe something where we could all do similar tests and compare results? I bet the local golfers are starting to get creeped out by all your flights anyways :D

Reactions: peros550
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic