DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

The purpose of +1 in sharpness is to turn off noise reduction, as has been speculated on the forums.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

+1 looks terrible from my POV. Too crunchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that when I use a color profile such as art or whatever, that's when I run into problems, like it's already compressing things.

I've tried everything including factory reset and calibration/reset of everything. I also tried the DJI online tech support who had me run through a few things that I already tried but ultimately did not improve my problem.

I've decided to send it back for review/repair.

Here is an example using different profiles all 0, 0, 0 with the exact same results.

Reactions: shuddee
If you can please try setting C1 to center focus instead of tapping and then choose 'none' and +1 on sharpness and leave the rest at 0. That solved it for me. Hope you don't have to send it back.

If you can please try setting C1 to center focus instead of tapping and then choose 'none' and +1 on sharpness and leave the rest at 0. That solved it for me. Hope you don't have to send it back.

Thanks Joshua. I have tried the center focus idea. You can actually see in the video the camera trying to focus as a result of that and my tap to focus attempts.

I think my mavic has a similar focus issue. During some of my blurry videos, I notice that when I tried to focus using c1, the camera had trait to focus. During that focus for a very brief moment, like 2 milliseconds, I saw a super crisp/focused image but then it quickly loses that focus and goes blurry again...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think my mavic has a similar focus issue. During some of my blurry videos, I notice that when I tried to focus using c1, the camera had trait to focus. During that focus for a very brief moment, like 2 milliseconds, I saw a super crisp/focused image but then it quickly loses that focus and goes blurry again...
To me Tippoctas video shows no focus issue since the watercolor issue is present all the time, even while refocussing. The focus in the video is fine most of the time, but the fine branches are neated to brown-green mush constantly.

Yesterday I captured a scene in the new D-Log profile and while this is fine regarding color and dynamic range now, the watercolor issue at sharpness 0 drives me nuts, too. Sharpening +1 improves the issue in the critical regions to me, but I'll have to check if switching to PAL and NTSC again will help me getting a watercolor free picture with non-aggressive sharpening.

Here's a screenshot from yesterdays video (NTSC, 4K@30fps, DLOG, .400fw, 0-0-0):

This was after firmware update. Granted, i never did the camera reset afterwards but look at the state of that.
Yes i focused, and focused again, and again, and again.
where is dji going with this? is it getting fixed, can it be fixed? it annoys me that we are all trying to do "hacks" to stop this from happening on a 1K quadcopter.
D-Log 30fps 4k -0 0 0
kPTGP.jpg

This was after firmware update. Granted, i never did the camera reset afterwards but look at the state of that.
Yes i focused, and focused again, and again, and again.
where is dji going with this? is it getting fixed, can it be fixed? it annoys me that we are all trying to do "hacks" to stop this from happening on a 1K quadcopter.
Yeah, one more example. Always nice to see how straight contrasted lines are maintained while applying NR to the homogenous regions of the image.

Since we're getting more and more people, DJI should react somehow ... It is definetely a software issue. I mean our camera can capture good photo and video ... it's all up to settings and the according processing by DJI which is messing up.

That's what's more frustrating as it can and will produce really good footage, and then this happens. Doesn't make any sense and you certainly lose trust in it when switching the thing on. :(

To me, these are defective units and need to be returned for repair or replacement. I don't believe this is an issue with the majority of Mavics out there. I agree that the onboard processing is limited in its range and that sharpness and contrast should be close to ideal before post processing. But if my video was like the above examples, I would definitely send it back for repair. Good luck to you guys!

Yea, people are getting mixed up here. When it's as bad a the #450 post example, that's a hardware issue. I had the same problem. RMA is your only hope. You'll never get it resolved waiting on firmware. I had the same issue and got that issue resolved. Now I'm having to RMA again due to a focus issue

Yea, people are getting mixed up here. When it's as bad a the #450 post example, that's a hardware issue. I had the same problem. RMA is your only hope. You'll never get it resolved waiting on firmware. I had the same issue and got that issue resolved. Now I'm having to RMA again due to a focus issue

I've already had it replaced due to blurry image on the right hand side of the frame.
The image above is the worst I've seen it. Other times it's very good. Seems a hit or miss.

I've already had it replaced due to blurry image on the right hand side of the frame.
The image above is the worst I've seen it. Other times it's very good. Seems a hit or miss.

Does it look the same with color=none.
dlog only looks good with latest fw

That was the latest firmware.
It seems to be a hit or miss with anything. It's tough to know on the phone so you only really know after you've transferred the footage to the pc

Just flown it there and it looks good from viewing on the phone. That was cinelike with +1 0 0.

But I'm betting that by leaving it like this, I'll switch it back on and it'll be rubbish again.

But I'm betting that by leaving it like this, I'll switch it back on and it'll be rubbish again.

Then you have a hardware issue. That's how my first mavic was. Second was consistent but had uneven focus issue.

Then you have a hardware issue. That's how my first mavic was. Second was consistent but had uneven focus issue.

My first one had that issue and now this one has this issue. Unbelievable

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie