DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the DJI Mavic 3 Storage Cover Scratch the Lens or Filter?

JC_Wang

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I recently got the DJI Mavic 3 and have been using the original storage cover that comes with it. I’ve read mixed reports about whether this cover can scratch the lens or the lens filter. Some users have mentioned that dust or debris trapped between the cover and the lens can cause scratches over time. Others have suggested placing a piece of microfiber cloth between the cover and the lens to prevent this.

I wanted to ask if anyone here has experienced any scratches on their Mavic 3 lens or filters due to the storage cover. If so, what solutions or precautions have you found effective? Additionally, has there been any official word from DJI regarding the material and scratch resistance of the lens and filters?

Thanks for your help!

Keep it clean and you’ll be fine, really nothing to worry about. Almost 300 flights on my Mavic 3 and definitely no scratches.

And if it does scratch, that’s what the filter is there for — cheap and easy to replace.

Reactions: JC_Wang
Or this solution.
Or this one

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I recently got the DJI Mavic 3 and have been using the original storage cover that comes with it. I’ve read mixed reports about whether this cover can scratch the lens or the lens filter. Some users have mentioned that dust or debris trapped between the cover and the lens can cause scratches over time. Others have suggested placing a piece of microfiber cloth between the cover and the lens to prevent this.

I wanted to ask if anyone here has experienced any scratches on their Mavic 3 lens or filters due to the storage cover. If so, what solutions or precautions have you found effective? Additionally, has there been any official word from DJI regarding the material and scratch resistance of the lens and filters?

Thanks for your help!
After 2 years with my M3 I notice no problem with lens scratching using the "bra" cover.

Dale

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have not had that problem either but even if you do just change the lens. I think mine came with a UV lens and I changed to to a Polarized lens to help with the glare.

I have not had that problem either but even if you do just change the lens. I think mine came with a UV lens and I changed to to a Polarized lens to help with the glare.
I'm pretty sure you meant lens filter, rather than lens itself. The lens comes with a UV filter preinstalled, which can easily and inexpensively be replaced, as you point out.

I'm pretty sure you meant lens filter, rather than lens itself. The lens comes with a UV filter preinstalled, which can easily and inexpensively be replaced, as you point out.
You are correct, it is a filter but with the filter on I would think it would be really hard to scratch the camera lens itself?

You are correct, it is a filter but with the filter on I would think it would be really hard to scratch the camera lens itself?
Exactly!

Nothing to worry about, even if any scratching ever occurred. Just replace the filter. Camera lens is completely unaffected by any potential scratching of the filter. I've also been using the OEM bra gimbal protector on my Mavic 3 for over 2.5 years now, and have never had any issue with scratching of any sort, to any surface.

"Much ado about nothing." LOL!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting