DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downgrading the FW

highcrow

Reactions
Ok, I tested 2 times, and it is official that I get worse signal from the new FW. I have the same route that I test Mavic all the time, and this is my first experience lost both rc and hd signal. It was scary. First the HD signal dropped significantly and lost the screen, than a few sec later, it said lost connection to air craft. No screen, no control. RTH saved my drone....
The distance was only 2300ft away from me when this all happened, and I was at a high ground without any signal blockage...

Anyway, until DJI fix this issue, I am not going to use the latest FW. I almost lost my drone because of the FW update!!!

One question though...should I downgrade both rc and Mavic, or just mavic?

Ok, I tested 2 times, and it is official that I get worse signal from the new FW. I have the same route that I test Mavic all the time, and this is my first experience lost both rc and hd signal. It was scary. First the HD signal dropped significantly and lost the screen, than a few sec later, it said lost connection to air craft. No screen, no control. RTH saved my drone....
The distance was only 2300ft away from me when this all happened, and I was at a high ground without any signal blockage...

Anyway, until DJI fix this issue, I am not going to use the latest FW. I almost lost my drone because of the FW update!!!

I flew my most distant flights ever with the latest f/w - 2300 metres away. Just can't find a place where I can actually go further yet.

Could it be there was a jamming source near you or the drone?

+1, did my longest flights ever on the latest FW. Only got cuts when losing LOS at looooong distances.

Yes you need to have both devices on the same version of course.

It actually works if the controller is not updated but I do not recommend that anyone try that.
BTW I only briefly tested that so I have no idea if some subtle problem might arise.

I just did my first flight on the new FW and it is rock solid. I also did a distance flight and for the first time had full signal the whole flight. Love this drone.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: cheekymonkeyman
Updating as we speak... via GO4.... just discovered that turning the Mavic off and only powering the iPhone + RC makes it download soooo much faster.... I'm aiming for 3 days of flights this weekend so hopefully the updates are solid!

With Go 4 all you have to do is have everything turned on and tap and hold the option button in the upper right screen for 3 seconds and it will bring up the downgrade screen. Select the last version to downgrade.

Reactions: RAFALE
Updating as we speak... via GO4.... just discovered that turning the Mavic off and only powering the iPhone + RC makes it download soooo much faster.... I'm aiming for 3 days of flights this weekend so hopefully the updates are solid!

If you are doing the firmware update, I think you might want to leave the mavic on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty