DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone CRASHED in Amusement Park - Park decided not to help out Josh

It's illegal to shoot someone just for trespassing, people that do that or think they have the right to do that are the stupid ones. You only have that right in they are breaking into your house or you fear your life is in eminate danger, not just because you want them off your propery. You cant just shoot someone just becuase they walked across your lawn. You could get a murder charge for that. You have to prove your life was in danger.

Reactions: thispilothere
" if a full size helicopter made an emergency landing on the property, can the park refused to return the helicopter to the rightful owner."

That's true, but not the best analogy that guy made in the video because he tied it to damage to the lawn or trees or something. A better example would be if a beach ball accidentally bounced over the fence into the water park. It does not become their property, did no damage. The owner of the beach ball has the legal right to recover his property. If he called the police they would ask the park owner to retrieve it for him, or allow the owner of the property into the park or the police themselves might retrieve it. Not always about "damages" the park suffered.

So I think in retrospect, the smart thing for that kid to have done once they denyed gving it back to him would have been to call the police that moment, while he is standing there. Even if it was hard to get to in a tree, they could have used a long pole to knock it out. Sure, maybe it would break, maybe caught it but that's not the point. I bet the owner of the park would not have been such A-Holes about it if a cop was standing there trying to resolve the issue.

Where are people shooting people first rather than giving them a trespass warning and lawful order to leave?
The same kind of place that people think it is ok to shoot down your drone. Unlike OP that used his brain first and chose not to break the law by trespassing, sometimes landowners fail to ise the same restraint.

Mike

I bet the owner of the park would not have been such A-Holes about it if a cop was standing there trying to resolve the issue.
The kid said the owner was cool. He told them to give the drone back as soon as he heard about it. But it was several days later after heavy rains and they claim they couldn't find it even though it was at the treeline in a known part of the park. I'll bet it was quite easily found, probably as soon as they initially told him no.

Again, go in that night with a pole and something to catch the drone with. No one is getting shot, no one is getting arrested - at most you might get a small fine. But let's assume the impossible - let's say the owner wants the liability of having some crazed night watchman with a gun and further assume he's willing to shoot at any movement he sees. Even then, I'd still take the chance.

It's illegal to shoot someone just for trespassing, people that do that or think they have the right to do that are the stupid ones.

Someone shot in those circumstances is still possibly seriously wounded or dead though.
You can bet it's happened in the US scores, if not many hundreds, of times.

Reactions: slozukimc
If I read this correctly, a judge already ruled, although I do not believe a civil case was brought to court that quickly..So, his drone would be a skeleton by now...!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard