DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Hijack

mr.bill

Reactions
I read this article a few months back before getting the Mavic, my first real drone, and it made me worry about how vulnerable the DSMx protocol is and if DJI uses it.

The company that designed the product, Horizon Hobbies, isn't selling the device but how long before someone does. It doesn't look expensive for someone that knows this tech to build.

There’s a new way to take down drones, and it doesn’t involve shotguns

This hobby isn't for you if you're going to worry about ridiculous things like that.
IMG_1747.jpg

Not really sure what you mean. I'm just curious as to what the more experience flyers think now that Drones are pushing the RC hobby into the mainstream and tech like this follows.

The thing is, jamming communications or interfering with the flight of an aircraft would be a bigger legal liability than flying where you shouldn't, except perhaps around very specific and limited circumstances like government VIPs.

Reactions: v8juice
The thing is, jamming communications or interfering with the flight of an aircraft would be a bigger legal liability than flying where you shouldn't, except perhaps around very specific and limited circumstances like government VIPs.

I'm guessing he isn't worried about someone breaking the law so much as losing his drone to a drone thief? A very real and most likely soon to be common scenario if manufacturers dont change product vulnerabilities. Definitely not ridiculous.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise