DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone "Number Plates" in UK?

You can legally fly a paramotor in the uk without formal training, insurance, licence or registration. A paramotor big enough to down an airliner, yet to fly a 250g drone.....

@Jamesz ,that statement is not completely true,you are still under the air navigation order for when and where such flights can take place, especially when it comes to flying over populated areas, and restricted airspace,and i doubt that anybody with an ounce of sense ,would put their own life at risk ,in such an undertaking,

In the U.K. by an act of Parliament you cannot buy a TV from a shop without giving your name and address so the shop can pass those details on to TV licensing. There is already a system place for drone operators and Pilots to be registered with the CAA so should not purchasers of new drones be obliged to do the same by their details being passed on to the CAA. I buy a new car every few years and am always asked to s how my driving licence to the Garage that I buy it from . Cannot see any sensible reason why this cannot work with drone purchase's. Orwellians will complain but when a drone causes an accident , assuming they are capable of bringing down a manned aircraft, what will be the outcry then. Just think If you want to buy and drive a car, a motorcycle a private plane you by law have to be licensed and by doing so all your details are recorded now by Government Departments. We all belong to the NHS all your most personal and private details are recorded by them and do we complain about that or think it’s a conspiracy to stop our so called freedoms , if my hobby of flying drones and the taking of photographs from above is going to become classed as being so dangerous it should be banned , I think people , will not call them Pilots, people that flout the rules should be held to account so that those Pilots that fly within the rules should have the freedom to do so and to enjoy this wonderful hobby of flying drones without fear or favour. If you don’t want your details recorded don’t buy a TV, a Car, Motorcycle or anything that requires you to be licensed , Cheers Len
And they pay taxes even when watching over the air TV, just for having one in your possession.