DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone pictures/videos…how to get them on iPhone?

kevguy

Reactions
Ok, I understand how to get the drone photos and videos off the drone and put them on computer, but how do I get them on my iPhone so I can text or email them to people? Do I still have to use iTunes?

You won't be able to 'email' any video like you can a photo. File is just too big. Once it's on your computer, you
can use a free service called "We Transfer". It will let you email any file up to 2gig for free. You upload it and email
it to anybody and everybody you want. They get a link to download it and they can also forward it. You could probably email it to your phone and download it. Otherwise, you can plug your phone into the computer (with the proper cables) and navigate to your video storage folder (probably called DCIM) and drag-'n-drop movies/photos that way.
I'm not an iPhone guy. I'm in the Android camp, so you might want to Google "How do I transfer videos from my computer to my iPhone ______" (mention the model # as apple seems to change things around after an upgrade.
Others use YouTube to upload and email videos. You see A LOT of that on this site. That's also free.
Experiment and have fun. Good Luck.

Reactions: ZergSolo
To answer your original question of transferring to your iPhone. Turn on the drone only (not your RC) and open the Fly app on your phone. In the bottom left of your screen a message will pop up stating your drone has been detected and will ask you if you want to connect to it to allow ‘quick transfer’. You select yes and the phone will connect and show you all the photos and videos on your drone. You just select what photos and videos you want to transfer and WA LA! They will then be in your photo album on your phone.

To answer your original question of transferring to your iPhone. Turn on the drone only (not your RC) and open the Fly app on your phone. In the bottom left of your screen a message will pop up stating your drone has been detected and will ask you if you want to connect to it to allow ‘quick transfer’. You select yes and the phone will connect and show you all the photos and videos on your drone. You just select what photos and videos you want to transfer and WA LA! They will then be in your photo album on your phone.
1080 resolution video

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 allows you to make files suitable for transferring to an iPhone. I have used this software to produce a video file suitable for my android phone, works perfectly. Maybe you can download a trial version and see if it works?
https:/www.pegasys-inc.com/

how does the iPhone connect to the drone? Bluetooth, WiFI, etc….what am I missing here?

I use this card reader that I bought on Amazon. After you plug it in your iPhone and open the “Photos” app, a new tab will appear at the bottom, “Import”. (See attached photo). Click on this and you can upload all the video/photos now. This tab will only appear if there are photos/videos on it.

SD Card Reader for iPhone... Amazon.com

IMG_5152.jpegIMG_5154.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: dozzn
how does the iPhone connect to the drone? Bluetooth, WiFI, etc….what am I missing here?

Wifi. BT is required initially to authorize the connection.

Keep in mind QT is only supported on
It won't work with any other model, and you will not get the QT prompt in DJI Fly for unsupported drones.

Last edited:
Ok, I understand how to get the drone photos and videos off the drone and put them on computer, but how do I get them on my iPhone so I can text or email them to people? Do I still have to use iTunes?
Download and use Dropbox. Even the paid versions are cheap for their features. It also provides you access to files for client review, and comparison. Which are two of our best selling positions: showing the value and efficiency of our services; and showing the comparison of degradation over time, and helping estimate failure and plan preventative repair or replacement. All of which controls and reduces production downtime and safety risks.

That’s just one use, one sector. Think of how good you’ll look when you’re that efficient for the entirety of your work?

Godbless, and fly safely and legally.

I purchased a micro sd card reader that plugs into my iPhone. I can then download all files off the card and edit them as i please.

Ok, I understand how to get the drone photos and videos off the drone and put them on computer, but how do I get them on my iPhone so I can text or email them to people? Do I still have to use iTunes? Speed Test
Turn on the drone only (not your RC) and open the Fly app on your phone. In the bottom left of your screen a message will pop up stating your drone has been detected and will ask you if you want to connect to it to allow ‘quick transfer’.

Last edited:
Turn on the drone only (not your RC) and open the Fly app on your phone. In the bottom left of your screen a message will pop up stating your drone has been detected and will ask you if you want to connect to it to allow ‘quick transfer’.

However, the very first time blutooth as well as wifi must be enabled on the phone to make connection.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc