DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID- How Do I get it on my MAvic 3

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I thought I was computer savvy but guess not. I spent about 15 minutes yesterday and today trying to see how to put the new RID on my Mavic 3 or on my remote (RCPro). I was prompted because I had already logged in to renew my 3 year $5.00 FAA registration. I kept getting drawn down various links and rabbit holes. Can anyone point me to a You Tube or other video or instructions to install RID on my Mavic 3 or the remote?

Dale
Miami

I thought I was computer savvy but guess not. I spent about 15 minutes yesterday and today trying to see how to put the new RID on my Mavic 3 or on my remote (RCPro). I was prompted because I had already logged in to renew my 3 year $5.00 FAA registration. I kept getting drawn down various links and rabbit holes. Can anyone point me to a You Tube or other video or instructions to install RID on my Mavic 3 or the remote?

Dale
Miami
For RID, it is specific to your drone and not necessarily the remote controller. You will probably need to update the firmware on your drone which will likely require you to update the firmware on your RC as well. Ultimately you can use the RC and the Fly App in particular to obtain your RID details for the FAA database. If you are in a hurry to renew and you don't yet know your RID details, I believe you can choose RID? = No for now and later go back and update when you get a chance, you certainly want to do that before March '24.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Have a look at the About tab in the Fly app menu. You should see the RID number there.
Actually, I seems that none of the answers above actually worked for me. Fortunately,one of our forum members put in a personal conversation to me and walked me through the entire set up. I am deeply indebted to Doug McC. from California who actually gave me his telephone and I called him. I had to turn on both the drone (M3) and the RC pro, go to the "about" after the three dots and write down the actual SN of the RC. Then I went to www.FAAdronezone, logged in, went to the dashboard page, then to Manage Device Inventory, and then type in the Serial No of the RCPro.

Thank you so much again Doug! This forum is the BEST.

Dale

See attachment below. Now it says "remote ID"!!!
View attachment 171065

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_