DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone took off on its own.

No that doesn't look like the right one. The time stamp seems to be off. I will download the other ones when I get home and upload them. Thanks for looking into this for me. Really appreciate it.
Should've included that this flight occurred at 2017-3-13 19:00:31 local.

Reactions: minimpw
Should've included that this flight occurred at 2017-3-13 19:00:31 local.

Ill have to look again. The one I am looking for was around 2017-3-13 16:40. When I did get info on the file I uploaded that was the time stamp. Strange!!! As soon as I get home I will upload another file and send you the link. I really appreciate it.

Ill have to look again. The one I am looking for was around 2017-3-13 16:40. When I did get info on the file I uploaded that was the time stamp. Strange!!! As soon as I get home I will upload another file and send you the link. I really appreciate it.
You might want to look at this info about picking the right .DAT.

It's always entertaining when there's a catastrophic problem with these drones and the account of what actually happened changes as the thread increases :D

That's why police rarely take eyewitness accounts as truth without investigation ,lol

Reactions: retiredwon
It's always entertaining when there's a catastrophic problem with these drones and the account of what actually happened changes as the thread increases :D

People should read the whole thread before trying to chime in and make dumb comments

Reactions: Hutch
That's why police rarely take eyewitness accounts as truth without investigation ,lol

Kind of brings up an interesting observation that people are prone to missing the smaller details when a major event happens, even though the small detail is what caused the event. It then begs the question why is it that a $1000 drone can have a black box but a $30,000 car does not?

Rob

Reminds me of the old 80s flick "Maximum Overdrive" where the machines take over. Lol

Reactions: Hexagon
It sounds like you started the drone, took off then tried csc but maybe your settings didn't allow csc mid flight causing the drone to fly those corner commands -just a thought

Thread title is misleading "Drone took off on its own", when the fact is OP took it off and hovered it to 4 feet, but in the end it flew away. Just saying!

Has anyone else had this happen. I connected the remote to the drone. GPS kicked in. But....I didn't connect the iPad to the remote. The drone just took and and flew on its own. It lost control and skipped across the street etc. Scraped the bottom of the drone. Not good.

I thought you can fly it with just the remote?

Any thoughts? Scared the heck out of me. Luckily there is snow and it stopped in a snow bank.

I had the drone on in my home in tripod mode. It drifted off 3x banging up my walls and hitting a lamp. The 3rd time, I sacrificed my hand and fingers because it was going for my 65 inch screen Tv. I recommend not to fly in a house.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos