DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneLink for MM changes everything

I believe you need an active connection for both the plans to be retrieved and also the map to be displayed

As missions are web stored I can understand an active internet link needed for create / save / load mission.

My question is about internet link needed for executing a mission.

Maybe I need to reformulate my question:

Can I fly a Dronelink mission using an smartphone set to 'airplane' mode ?

R.

Yes, i always fly i Airplane mode. You can download your Missions via the Dronelink app for offline usage.

A quick question for DroneLink users:

Mobile phone must be linked to internet for executing a waypoint mission ?

I always set my smarphone to 'airplane' mode for flying Mavic Mini without interference, could I keep doing it with DroneLink ?

R.

I've been searching for information on this bur can't seem to find any mention of it. Where do you find this magical tool?
Right click anywhere on the map, and it's an option in the pop-up. It will appear where you clicked, but you can move it on the map or "fly" around in the Google Earth window. In the window, you can also click the "..." in the menu and that will bring up a properties window where you can use sliders to adjust the altitude, heading, and gimbal pitch. Click the "+" to create a destination or a waypoint or marker on the nearest path.

One nice effect that Dronelink does smoothly without stabilization is to fly directly over a point-of-interest so that only the gimbal pitch is changing, not the heading. It's a nice "cinematic" effect that I have found to be very difficult to do manually because it's hard to control the pitch precisely. If you continue past the POI, the drone will rotate 180 degrees and continue to track the POI as it recedes.

How close do you need to be to the takeoff point shown in a mission? Obviously, if you are creating missions at home on a PC, there is a likelihood that when you perform the mission in the field you might not be exactly at the specified takeoff point. What behavior can be expected if one is maybe 20 yards away from the takeoff point when mission is launched?

Not sure if that has the stabilization....
Hi egoldy,
I downloaded Mercalli V4 SUITE as a 30day-trialversion. But finallyI decided to not to buy it because it´s unfortunately way to expensiv for me! (359 Euro) I was very surprised that after 30 days I still could use it! The only small problem, on the bottom right after rendering there is a small "Mercalli-Logo" No problem, it can be cropped out withtout loss of image quality!
cheers Paul
here a short example: After 4 seconds you can see the cropped part of the clip without logo!

Reactions: egoldy and ff22
How close do you need to be to the takeoff point shown in a mission? Obviously, if you are creating missions at home on a PC, there is a likelihood that when you perform the mission in the field you might not be exactly at the specified takeoff point. What behavior can be expected if one is maybe 20 yards away from the takeoff point when mission is launched?
If you look at the bottom edge of the yellow area around the takeoff point, there's a gray circle with a number in it -- I think it's 20 by default if you're using imperial units, meaning the allowed takeoff circle is 20 feet. But you can click and drag that to a bigger area. If it's a location-restricted takeoff point, the mission will refuse to start if you're outside that circle.

Reactions: Kyle76
If you look at the bottom edge of the yellow area around the takeoff point, there's a gray circle with a number in it -- I think it's 20 by default if you're using imperial units, meaning the allowed takeoff circle is 20 feet. But you can click and drag that to a bigger area. If it's a location-restricted takeoff point, the mission will refuse to start if you're outside that circle.

You can also set up the mission to ignore the location restriction. That's what I do. The first time I set up and flew a mission, I left the take-off restriction on. It took me forever to find a place where it would let me take off. The circle on the map didn't exactly match reality. I couldn't stand exactly where the circle on the the map was.

You can also set up the mission to ignore the location restriction. That's what I do. The first time I set up and flew a mission, I left the take-off restriction on. It took me forever to find a place where it would let me take off. The circle on the map didn't exactly match reality. I couldn't stand exactly where the circle on the the map was.
I tried to fly a mission this morning in which I had enlarged the takeoff circle, and it said something like I was 7.941858 miles outside the zone! Rather than try to figure out what went wrong, I just went into the web app and set it to unrestricted, reloaded, and it flew fine. I sort of understand the purpose of it, but it is a PITA.

Reactions: LifesShort
This morning, I learned how to export a Dronelink flight plan as a .kml file into Google Earth for a more detailed flight preview, complete with 3D buildings and trees, which is much more photo-realistic than the built-in preview and a better way to verify a safe path. It's also a fun way to create fantasy flights that you couldn't or wouldn't do with a real drone.

Reactions: egoldy and pilotti1
Yes, i always fly i Airplane mode. You can download your Missions via the Dronelink app for offline usage.

Here's an article from Dl about whether you can fly without internet connection.

Wow! I wonder if I could download the hobbyist version on my iPad mini 5 (64GB + Wi-Fi), as well as desktop PC? I would rather plan the mission on PC using mouse, then transfer the mission file to iPad for field use. How hard would that be for an old fart like me?

Wow! I wonder if I could download the hobbyist version on my iPad mini 5 (64GB + Wi-Fi), as well as desktop PC? I would rather plan the mission on PC using mouse, then transfer the mission file to iPad for field use. How hard would that be for an old fart like me?

We have a special old fart mode..

Well, actually we don't, but we'll add that to the list of features for the roadmap..

You absolutely can create the missions on your PC (and we recommend you do that). When you run the native app on your mini and log on, your missions will be there - don't have to transfer them. Ideally should have internet access, but can download them for off-line use as well.

Outstanding! Thanks for the rapid response Eric! Consider me a new customer!

Reactions: egoldy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15