DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb sd card / video question

Outtyhere

Reactions
I see the 16gb card in mavic, I see the videos on my cell phone.... I can't record anything else as it's filled up.

So do you take the card out and delete or plug mavic into a pc and download onto pc or what?

And are the videos that are on my cell a lower quality duplicate video?

Is there a way to delete certain videos from the app?

Thanks

The files on the phone will be 1080 or 720 depending on setting

On the card they can be 4k

I would take the card out & put it in the pc, keep the files you wish on the pc, delete the rest, put blank card back in mavic

The videos on the microSD card in the Mavic will be much higher quality than the cached video on your phone. Not only will the resolution be better, it’ll be free of the glitches that happen when the radio signal drops out.

You can transfer the videos from the micrSD card either by taking the card out of the Mavis and putting it into a card reader, or you can plug the Mavic into your computer with a microSD cable.

You might also want to buy a bigger card. Storage is cheap these days.

Thanks guys. So the only way to see the vids on card is through the pc. I can't actually delete any videos to clear storage directly from phone app while connect to mavic?

Thanks guys. So the only way to see the vids on card is through the pc. I can't actually delete any videos to clear storage directly from phone app while connect to mavic?

Not individual shots, but you can format the card remotely, which will delete the entire contents.

This is why it’s a good idea to buy a higher capacity card and regularly transfer the content to a computer. It’s just like any other device; it’s going to fill up.

One last word of advice: You should probably read your manual.

Ok thanks again. Yes I'm having my wife print it out so I can read it tomorrow.

Ok thanks again. Yes I'm having my wife print it out so I can read it tomorrow.
I would suggest formatting the card on the Mavic rather than your PC. I had some odd problems that I finally tracked to modifying the card outside the Mavic. Take the pictures and videos off the card through putting it in the PC and then reinstall on the Mavic and reformat it there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15