DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing in DJI Go App for Mavic?

JOHNNYBRAVO

Reactions
Does anyone know of a good "how to video" on how to edit video from drone footage in the DJI Go App? How is the best way to upload them to youtube. Sorry, spent all my time researching how to fly and use the features and forgot the obvious one lol

Had an amazing day flying for the first time. So impressed with this unit.

Reactions: andrew reeves

When I'm uploading in the editing section "original video" it always seems to stop at 40 percent. Anyone else have this issue?

Are you using the DJI GO 4 app? The 4 I think is the latest one. It's editor is substantially better and very easy to edit. No need for a how to video. Lots of music choices and easy to post on line. Welcome aboard!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I need to upgrade my PC before I am able to process the video files off the SD card, so I am also for the moment using the DJI Go 4 Editor.

If I am filming in 4K, what resolution will the version cached on my iPhone 6 be?

I don't really want to post poor quality footage onto YouTube!

I believe cached video is saved on your device in 720p resolution unless you change the video stream from the default "normal" to HD, which will then backdown the resolution being saved to the SD to 1080p

Reactions: And18vzqz
I believe cached video is saved on your device in 720p resolution unless you change the video stream from the default "normal" to HD, which will then backdown the resolution being saved to the SD to 1080p

...but the cached res on my iPhone is always 720p?

Does anyone know of a good "how to video" on how to edit video from drone footage in the DJI Go App? How is the best way to upload them to youtube. Sorry, spent all my time researching how to fly and use the features and forgot the obvious one lol

Had an amazing day flying for the first time. So impressed with this unit.

I still can't figure out how to do the so called simple cut and stitch video portions into one finished vid. I haven't found any tutorial vids in Youtube other than the DJIs standard one. When you find one please list it here so I can try it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I still can't figure out how to do the so called simple cut and stitch video portions into one finished vid. I haven't found any tutorial vids in Youtube other than the DJIs standard one. When you find one please list it here so I can try it. Thanks

Nice Z06! I have a 16 space gray Z in the garage!

...but the cached res on my iPhone is always 720p?

My guess is that it's switching the video downlink to a higher resolution for the live view only then, but it must always save the cache video on your device in 720p, again, just a guess.

It's pretty straightforward. Just click create at the top of your library, create movie, and select the videos you want in sequence. Click on each "film strip" and drag the blue lines left and right to trim the videos down. If you want to change the sequence just click and hold the film strips and you can drag them to rearrange the order. On the left, between the film strips, you can choose your transition effects. Music is applied as a global condition, meaning you can only choose one track for the entire movie.

I looked at the video here that you posted as well as viewed it in other places. Maybe it's me but I can't see from that video how to take portions of a video that you want to use to make a single finished video. Meaning, piece them together. You are the God of MAVIC Pro, do you have any clue how to edit like I described above?

It's pretty straightforward. Just click create at the top of your library, create movie, and select the videos you want in sequence. Click on each "film strip" and drag the blue lines left and right to trim the videos down. If you want to change the sequence just click and hold the film strips and you can drag them to rearrange the order. On the left, between the film strips, you can choose your transition effects. Music is applied as a global condition, meaning you can only choose one track for the entire movie.
I agree with you that part I understand. I'm talking about using one or more video pieces from that video, saving them somewhere and then stitching them together to make one finished video. That's the software I'm looking for.

I agree with you that part I understand. I'm talking about using one or more video pieces from that video, saving them somewhere and then stitching them together to make one finished video. That's the software I'm looking for.

If you want to keep the best quality of your videos then you have to download directly from the SD card in the Mavic to a computer and use a video editing software.
(It's not simple point and shoot and cut)

For simple social media sharing the editor in the DJI Go4 app will do the job

Nice Z06! I have a 16 space gray Z in the garage!
Thanks for the like. Don't let this happen to your baby. I had a 2016 Z06 Grey also. Don't cry for me. This was one of 513, with the red spice interior. I loved it. 103 days at least in the shop. 28 g worth of damage from an expressway accident, front and rear damage. Only 2100 miles and owned for one month. Crazy huh. Couldn't sell to any dealership, because of the Carfax report. Plus the dealership that fixed it never addressed the fact that I told them it over heated twice after the accident. CarMax finally bought it.
Photo by ahr69
Photo by ahr69
He's my link to these two photos plus 300 + of the way it was fixed. Notice the $27 level used to install the new tub.

Last edited:
If you want to keep the best quality of your videos then you have to download directly from the SD card in the Mavic to a computer and use a video editing software.
(It's not simple point and shoot and cut)

For simple social media sharing the editor in the DJI Go4 app will do the job
Thanks I figured that.

Reactions: M4RK
I know what you mean, because I've tried doing that myself. It seems the DJI Go 4 app doesn't currently support that function. You can only trim down videos, not take multiple clips from the same video. Again, currently....

Reactions: Indianapolis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky