DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

there is no limitation at all... The only thing is that you can't charge the Mavic remote with the bottom USB port.
Only the left side Micro USB does work for charging the Mavic controller...

Andy
Oh, thanks. Thought i had missed something. Always used the bottom usb without any issue.

Ender, good note on the USB on the side still being plugged in. I'll have to try to pull that out and give the bottom port a try. Might explain why that didn't work on my phone either ;)
Still I got my Micro USB to Micro USB cable now so gonna go fly in a bit!

Okay, i maps are now working on my BT-300 !
Here is how i managed it:
I thought to myself: "probably that *§$% Go Maps need google play store informations...
Then it came to my mind that i used a hack to use Apps on my Amazon FireTV Stick that require play store.
I went to that site (its in german, may use google translate) and followed the few steps to install play store support.
(So KUDOS goes to aftvhacks.de !!!!! )
Go to "Fire TV & Fire TV Stick Downloads: APKs von Apps & Games" in the browser.
scroll to the section "Google Play Store ".
Follow the steps, basically download & install apk's (you need to allow install from unknown sources in the settings).
I'll outline the steps here:
First dload & Install google play services
reboot
Dload & install google account manager
install google Services Framework
Install google play store
Start the play store and enter your google credentials.
The play store will NOT run but your credentilals will be registered.
Then clear cache & data for DJI go (first backup stuff if you need to rescue flight records or the like).
Start DJI GO, at least for me everything was great, offline maps showed selection of continents/countries/region and i downloaded my usual maps.
Maps are fine and look and feel internationalized (German in my case).
All this was done on DJI GO 4.0.7 but i guess it will work with older versions as well.
I guess this link does something similar (englisg site) but i did not bother to try:
How to install Android TV’s Google Play Music app on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick without root
Hope it works for you guys as well !
Ender

Thank you so much! This is my first ever post or reply but I've been following this thread since it started. I'm so excited my maps are working! Now my moverios are exactly what I wanted! Thanks again

Reactions: MacIak
I found an old Android phone that we no longer use. Battery sucks, but I can keep it plugged in to do downloads. My question is - If I wipe it clean and set it up under my google account and then buy Litchi on that Android phone. If I then load the Litchi APK on the BT-300 will it recognize that Litchi is already bought? Is there a place to enter username and password or something like that so the app will work? This is really the holy grail for having everything on the BT-300s and not having to swap devices for different missions and uses.

I found an old Android phone that we no longer use. Battery sucks, but I can keep it plugged in to do downloads. My question is - If I wipe it clean and set it up under my google account and then buy Litchi on that Android phone. If I then load the Litchi APK on the BT-300 will it recognize that Litchi is already bought? Is there a place to enter username and password or something like that so the app will work? This is really the holy grail for having everything on the BT-300s and not having to swap devices for different missions and uses.

This is EXACTLY what I want to do but I do not have an Android device to buy the app with.

Yes you just need to log in using your google credentials in the App Store on the used device. Then buy the app. That app should then be available to be used on any Android device you have authiticated with that google account.

Then the maps fix that was introduced yesterday requires you to log into your google account for the play store. just use the same account you bought the Litchi app and theoretically it should work as long as the play store on BT-300 can talk back to the store to authenticate. This is the part I do not know if it will work and ideally if someone has already bought the app could test this but people like us that use iOS want to test this theory would have to buy the app also. I personally have it on my iOS and I continue to use it there through my BT-300 but I am willing to pay another $25 if I can get it to work natively on the BT-300

Keep us posted if you decide to to do this and buy the app and then load it on the BT-300 and try authenticating.

This is EXACTLY what I want to do but I do not have an Android device to buy the app with.

Yes you just need to log in using your google credentials in the App Store on the used device. Then buy the app. That app should then be available to be used on any Android device you have authiticated with that google account.

Then the maps fix that was introduced yesterday requires you to log into your google account for the play store. just use the same account you bought the Litchi app and theoretically it should work as long as the play store on BT-300 can talk back to the store to authenticate. This is the part I do not know if it will work and ideally if someone has already bought the app could test this but people like us that use iOS want to test this theory would have to buy the app also. I personally have it on my iOS and I continue to use it there through my BT-300 but I am willing to pay another $25 if I can get it to work natively on the BT-300

Keep us posted if you decide to to do this and buy the app and then load it on the BT-300 and try authenticating.

Do you actually have the Litchi APK on your BT-300s now and it just doesn't work? Or were you not even allowed to do the APK download? Can you provide the site for your updated APK download?

I plan on buying Litchi Android this weekend and will test it out directly. However, I am not as technologically advanced as it seems most of you are on this forum. I am assuming that I am going to want Litchi Android eventually, so even if it doesn't work immediately it will be good when Litchi finally comes to Epson.

Do you actually have the Litchi APK on your BT-300s now and it just doesn't work? Or were you not even allowed to do the APK download? Can you provide the site for your updated APK download?

I plan on buying Litchi Android this weekend and will test it out directly. However, I am not as technologically advanced as it seems most of you are on this forum. I am assuming that I am going to want Litchi Android eventually, so even if it doesn't work immediately it will be good when Litchi finally comes to Epson.

Here is the link

http://it.app.apk.sc/download/com.aryuthere.visionplus-v3.10.7.apk

It installed with no issues. I was able to launch it and it prompted me to buy it since it stated it was not purchased yet. It gave me 2 options, one was to buy on web or another through Google Play store. Play store didn't work since it does not work. ;-). and the web didn't work since it stated the app was not compatible with my device which it does not see my BT-300 since my account has never been setup directly on an android device. Only a Mac. And the Play store is not working 100% so I assume it does not recognize the BT-300 yet even though you can authenticate with your google credentials initially when you launch the store after the maps fix that Ender posted.

At this point this whole process may not work since the partial google app store may never get a chance to directly connect to the online servers to authenticate your purchase that was already made on another device. I think the authentication credentials we are entering may only be a local auth and because of that Litchi will probably still state it has not been purchased yet. :-(

So good luck and I am hoping to get your feedback or for that matter any other Android user here that has a BT-300 and had already purchased Litchi on another Android device.

You can probably get a refund if it doesn't work?

No clue. Never dealt with the Google Play store or Litchi regarding refunds. I would think Litchi would have no reason ti give a refund especially siren they have stated their software is NOT supported on the BT-300 because of the lack of the Play store functionality.

I think I read on the Google Play site that you have two hours to get a refund after purchase. Not very long, but probably enough time for some advanced users to give it a try. I don't know the process of getting the refund though.

They told one user it's not supported. Noone has to claim to have read this forum and just tried to help Litchi out with some AppDev ;)

Maybe an incentive for some users to give buying and loading Litchi a try. Per the Litchi website you have two hours to request a refund.

upload_2017-4-20_15-40-0.png

had an interesting event.
As I tried to download some offline maps the menu for the "Offline Maps" crashed and I was back on the main
DJI Go screen. So I entered the FPV view and wow what a surprise Google Maps apeared instead of the Here
Map.
So this shows me, if we can kill the here map service with the help of root, google maps works without any further hacks!!!!

Sadly after I closed the app the Here map service was back up running again and I couldn't get it crash once more.

Andy

No idea, but my guess is it is from Google Play. Litchi is just explaining the rule. Not really sure though.

Another confirmation on the maps and all this. I had tons of issues with google service crashing but still I downloaded the maps and all is well.
One thing that took a second to figure out was getting the apps installed. I just copied the apps to Downloads folder after I connected the BT-300FPV to my PC and pulled up the drive.
From there I went to MovFiler (The file browser) on the device and found you have to click and hold till the progress bar on the file becomes full then you can click Install. If you keep holding it the same menu will appear eventually.

From another user though these things are amazing and I'd find it hard to not want to fly without them. Having two perspectives is so much better especially when one is from the "cockpit".
Since these have so much more potential and you're not blind by an enclosure so you can move about freely. It was hard to justify the price but these will serve their purpose for years to come! Sadly I can't wait to try some specs n manuals while I'm running the lathe or mill :D

So now back to the Litchi concern :)

Well I went off and bought an Asus Zenpad S 8 Z580C-B1-BK 8” 32GB Tablet earlier today and Amazon delivered it a few hours later. :) I bought it for testing / play and I can tell you from MY experience so far is that Litchi without any user intervention of the OS does NOT work on the BT-300 with the new hack that Ender dug up as I suspected. :-( On the Play Store the user credentials that we enter for our Google account is LOCAL only. So when Litchi is launched it is still not able to phone home to validate it's purchase. Even if I select using the web play store it recognizes I have purchased the app on another Android device and it is installed on there but it is not able to authorize on the BT-300 since it it not seeing it as a compatible device still. I think we need to find a way to get the Play store to work 100% by it being able to phone home in order for Litchi to work.

I will leave this part to the Android gods on this forum to try and come up with a solution. Now to go get my refund from the Google Play store for Litchi which looks to be a simple click of a button. :)

Yes your right, the way over google play store won't work.
So I'm pretty sure that over this "normal" way with google play store Litchi
will NEVER work and we will never get it working unless EPSON integrates it into his App Store.

HOWEVER just for your note, Litchi can work on the BT-300.
The problem is, getting Litchi working the way I tried is not "legal" since you need a cracked APK version of the app.
I was just curious to see if it works hardware wise etc. and yes the Moverio can handle the app etc.

Andy

Reactions: stratos
So I loaded a HUD and went for a drive :) it's awesome but well speed is calculated with the gps so it was jumping all over the place.

By the way how do I k wo if I have a proper GPS lock?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miniguy2mavic