DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Hi ! Back up again :)
WHile the german website (that i followed)has 4 steps and wants a reboot after the first the US website i linked to only has 3 apk's AND google music (that we dont want / need) without reboot.
Both seem to work if followed through so i guess the US version with only 3 apk's and no reboot is the winner by a margin :)

The important stuff probably is to have google services up & running which is accessed by Go Maps somehow...

Ender

I tried 3 cables to the bottom USB and none worked. 3 ft, 1ft, and 6". That's what she said :D Ok but seriously no diff. Plug to the Micro USB the remote usually uses and it is happy. So yeah ordered the cable. How did you get around it?

You have to unplug the side connector to have the middle connector work !
I had to jump through that loop as well :)

Ender

now the best part would be if someone can get root access so we can use google maps instead of the HERE maps... still dreaming...
(I already tried several rooting attempts, but no luck so far...)

Andy

OH YEAH! BUY THE Micro USB to Micro USB cord before you buy these if you want the Epson. You'll understand immediately why if you don't.

So what is the limitation of the lower port combined with bt300 then?
I have also successfully got "here" maps to work. Used the English version since i had trouble un zipping the 1st file from the german site. I will try to do a comparison/testrun with both glasses today if i can, had nightshift and sleepy now.
@Ender: thanks again.

there is no limitation at all... The only thing is that you can't charge the Mavic remote with the bottom USB port.
Only the left side Micro USB does work for charging the Mavic controller...

Andy

now the best part would be if someone can get root access so we can use google maps instead of the HERE maps... still dreaming...
(I already tried several rooting attempts, but no luck so far...)

Andy
Hi !
I think root isnt that hard if someone knowledgable really tries for a few minutes, its just not a popular device...

BUT: how would you switch from HERE to Google if you got root, i am MUCH interested in that and maybe i can ask some root guy for a favor if thats realistic ?!

Ender

thats pretty easy.
I use the "DisableService" App on my Google Pixel there you can terminate the HERE MAP Service for the DJI Go App.
So you tell google to not allow DJI to use the HERE MAP. Instead the DJI App takes the next Map service available and
on Android devices that is in general Gooogle Maps...

Andy

Woah, gotta try that on my S7 and if it works out fine theres a huge incentive to root the BT-300 !

Mean guy, i have NO TIME at hand right now ;-)

Ender

here is the app and the services I disabled

02ef16d0912574c90d392bf14d262aa9.jpg

Haha, crazy that works just fine on my S7, okay, sorry Moverio but you gotta be rooted sooner or later :)

Thanks, i somehow missed that one !

Ender

BTW, did you guys throw all the "usual suspects" at the Moverio to toot it, like Kingo & Kingroot etc. PP ?

Ebder

I feared so, thanks for the info so i dont have to install all that Spy / Malware on my BT-300 !
Ender

Allright, thanks.
So : install APK 1 > Reboot> install APK 2 and 3> Login > Clear Go4 data > start G04 and enjoy HERE maps.? I NEED to do this when I get home but I will have only 1 braincell running on vapes

Thanks for this guys :) got it working its amazing what we can do with this smart glasses :)

Found the APK for there latest version. Unfortunately I am not able to buy it from the web on any device that I have (BT-300 or my Mac) since it states it is not compatible with my devices. I am guessing I will need some type of Android device that I can use Litchi, then use that device to make the purchase and hopefully the APK I have already installed on the BT-300 will just start working..... Just assuming but have no clue since I do not have a paid Litchi app on Android.

I am also very interested in getting Litchi to work with BT-300. I am in the exact same situation. I have it on my iOS devices but don't have a paid copy on any Android devices, and don't have any Android devices other than my wife's phone.

I am sure this forum can figure out a work around much quicker than Epson will get it in their app store. I would love to see a detailed fix similar to the map issue!

Reactions: ChazzMonkey
BTW. Earlier I posted that after I implemented Ender's recommended fix my Google Maps app stopped working. It was loaded prior to the fix and done so by direct loading / install of the app off the web. All I did was remove the app and re-downloaded latest version of the APK off the web and installed through the browser and all is good again. So if you have any apps that use to work prior to the map fix from Ender, just remove that app and re-install it.

Only app that I care about is Litchi now. When I launch it it wants to validate which it cannot since I have not bought it but not sure if it will work even if I did buy it (someone can validate this for us Mac people). And if it really does now work then I need to go figure out a way to buy it since I am in the same boat as Srcrain. Worse case if I cannot buy it through the web somehow, I will go borrow a friends Android device. reset it. set it up as mine, buy the app and then reset it back to their backup and come back and launch it on the BT-300. :)

Hi ! Back up again :)
WHile the german website (that i followed)has 4 steps and wants a reboot after the first the US website i linked to only has 3 apk's AND google music (that we dont want / need) without reboot.
Both seem to work if followed through so i guess the US version with only 3 apk's and no reboot is the winner by a margin :)

The important stuff probably is to have google services up & running which is accessed by Go Maps somehow...

Ender

I assume any kind of update that the Play Store wants to do that is being stated at the top of the notification bar should be ignored ??

I assume any kind of update that the Play Store wants to do that is being stated at the top of the notification bar should be ignored ??
I tried but the update failed so i did not bother anymore...

BTW. Earlier I posted that after I implemented Ender's recommended fix my Google Maps app stopped working. It was loaded prior to the fix and done so by direct loading / install of the app off the web. All I did was remove the app and re-downloaded latest version of the APK off the web and installed through the browser and all is good again. So if you have any apps that use to work prior to the map fix from Ender, just remove that app and re-install it.
:)

I did not have trouble with Maps but i installed it AFTER the procedure. But you dont need to reinstall, you can just erase data & cache in the settings and maps will "feel" reinstalled.

Ender

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat