DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

hello, thanks for . The information, I really enjoy mine. My biggest problem now is installing third-party apps. I wish I could find a video somewhere to help me with that,,, some people have trouble with the remote control trackpad that is,I found one here that is very useful with the BT 300

Before I read this thread I didn't even know what an APK was much less how to install it. Amazingly it is one of the easiest things you will ever do. There are different ways to get the file to the Moverios but here is how I do it.
1) Decide what app you want to load. Do a google search on the app name and apk (e.g. "Directv APK"). For almost all searches the second result is from apkpure (apkmirror is also good).
2) Click on that result and on the webpage right in the middle is a big green download button. Click download (know where the file is being downloaded). I do this on my computer or laptop first - It seems quicker that way and I can keep things organized.
3) Plug in the Moverios to you computer using the micro-USB to USB cable.
4) The Moverio will show up like an external hard drive. Move/copy the recently downloaded file to the Moverio (I use the "Download" folder in the Moverio).
5) Go to/Put on the Moverios and go to the main home screen with all the pre-loaded apps. Find mov filer and open it. That is your file explorer.
6) Go to the "Download" folder or wheverever you put the downloaded apk. Long press/hold down button on the apk. Options will come up. Choose install and follow instructions. It generally takes less than a minute for most installs.

That is it. The app should be on you app screen just like on your phone.

I am using FPViewer which also works fine and can do cardboard frame doubling if you use it for your smartphone.

Greetings,

Ender
I think that is the same. It is called FPVeiwer after the download.

Reactions: charlestwesco
Does the newest DJI Mavic app update and firmware update designed for DJI goggle headtracking allow headtracking with Epson bt-300? Can it be side loaded since it is not in moverio app store?
Nope, i am in loose contact with Litchi, they now "consider" launching Litchi via Amazon so BT-300 users could install it without falling back to illegal versions. They also said they might allow headtracking WITHOUT VR mode which would work with the BT-300.

The author of DJI Ultimate Flight v3 which EPSON pays for in the EPSON stoire promised to add headtracking.
So i hope that will be done within weeks :)

Ender

Nope, i am in loose contact with Litchi, they now "consider" launching Litchi via Amazon so BT-300 users could install it without falling back to illegal versions. They also said they might allow headtracking WITHOUT VR mode which would work with the BT-300.

The author of DJI Ultimate Flight v3 which EPSON pays for in the EPSON stoire promised to add headtracking.
So i hope that will be done within weeks :)

Ender

Any timeline on Litchi through Amazon? I also emailed them last week and they said they were working on it but had no ETA.

Can Iitchi be installed on bt-300 and give Mavic head tracking?

-install:
No, not legally as lutchi requires full play store implementation which we dont have on the BT-300 (yet, EPSON is aware now, they mailed me thanking for the Maps workaround).
Litchi versions that are hacked can be installed BUT thats not legal obviously.

-head tracking:
The Litchi head tracking is only working in Cardboard VR mode which makes no sense on the BT-300 AND there is a blank screen back. BUT the ehad tracking itself works, i can move my head up & down and the Gimbal follows just fine,only its not usable right now.

Speaking as a Software Developer myself there are really easy & fast changes needed to make it work for Litchi once they allow a legal way of using it on the BT-300 and the DJI Ultimate Flight Author seems to be very interested as he isin Partnership with EPSON clearly.
So give it some time although its hard :)

Ender

Any timeline on Litchi through Amazon? I also emailed them last week and they said they were working on it but had no ETA.
Well they started out with a flat NO, but after i demonstrated that Litchi will probably be the most pirated Software on the BT-300 they considered :) But they did not bother to give me a timeline.

Ender

Does anyone know a fast easy way to make the screen blank off completely say when taking off or Landing? About six months ago I read about some way to do this, but can't remember how. It is kind of tricky to manipulate the brightness down to very low and I really would like to have a little more than that now anyway for take off and landing now that I'm using the very dark Rochester shades and soltaire Ace 2. Another thing that would be nice is a very fast way to switch between DJI go and the camera app, say with one of the hardware buttons or something.

Hi ! There is that "tap to mute" thing in the settings. If enabled i recall you have to tap your moverio on the right side two times to blank screen and again to switch on again. But you need to tap HARD like in "smack" afair.
Look in the settings, dont have my moverio at hand atm.

Goof luck :)

Ender

Reactions: Mr Spock
Follow up question on the Moverios. I know this was talked about a little earlier in this thread, but does anyone have more recent experience with the Rochester Optical Solitaire Ace? What are your thoughts?
I really like mine. Not easy to install though and not something you are going to just pop in and off from day to day. Kids loved the enclosed done view. Makes it a lot like Cinimizers when pop on magnet cover is popped on them. Darker shade installs inside and would be hard to switch out. The assembly over moverio is a bit rough, but works good once finally fit.

I would love to try the goggle to compare but seen the dji madness i won't be able to very soon so you ll have to do with this: what do you expect from it and where do you live? Why?
For me, i like to fly 3d heli also. These are machines that easily can tear a living being in pieces. I always have to see and feel the orientation of them and never-ever close to lose VLOS. Im one of the most safety- minded/ knowledgable individuals amongst the hobbyists i know, this is also because in make a living in the aviation business. But: im tired of clubs so always fly over farmfields with permission. Per session i spend considerable pre- and post flight time and need a station car to transport the mentioned devices including tools and accessories.
Drones for me are for relaxation. Mavic made me buy one cause i pack everything in a small bag, put it over my shoulder and hop on a bicycle so i can go anywhere. I find VLOS with drones the biggest BS ever, im always beyond that. I tried a couple of other devices for FPV (cinemizer, fatshark dom 2/3, glyph) with glyph as second best. In chose the moverio because of better portability and situational awareness around me while flying ( im a middle eastern type and do not want to be clubbed down by some scared dumbass, we have those around here:)). The Glyph was an overall "better finished" product i must say.
In bright sun you need dark shades which makes looking through the glass harder but still much better view through and around than other systems.
So: portable. In Europe i noticed the Epson service is not much better than DJI. That also made me consider Glyph, super people. Service is very important for me but i do have sufficient financial resources so im not relying too much on service/warranty when it is hopeless.
The Goggles: they are restrictive in use (also not an all round platform, less than Moverio) not all media can be playbacked but most importantly: they are a fridge on your head. Huge.
Im sure the image quality and fov are superior. Its also DJI and new. It will have issues. Service is bad.
Did i also mention it's gigantic?
So long story but as said before: it's personal.
I own glyph and bt-300. Found this all exactly to be true... And don't forget, with the glyph you have to haul around Nvidia tablet and all that mounting mess. I already have fpvlr sunhaus dual boosters and antenna mounted right onto my modified Mavic radio... All but the goggles fit in original DJI case... All the extra stuff with glyph was always a pain. Epson time-to-get-in-air is much lower.

By the way, i ordered 2 different HDMI-in Solutions so i look forward to be able to connect HDMI sources to my Moverio :)
I will keep you updated...

Ender

Sorry folks, I miss understood, actually jumped to an incorrect conclusion, Rochester Optical is way ahead of me, I ask for more information about their Solitaire Ace and received the following answer.

Hi Charles,

No problem! The instructions will be in the package once you receive the order. The blackout shield is just a magnetic clip on, so it’s super easy to remove and put on!

One other accessory you might want to consider is the Solitaire Ace Sun Shield, which is also a magnetic clip except it’s a sun shield that goes on Solitaire Ace 2.0. For drone flyers like yourself, it would become much more comfortable flying in bright ambient light when you need to keep the drone in your line-of-sight. And when you want to see the drone camera view in an immersive setting, simply switch to the blackout shield for instant transition.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

GetFileAttachment
The shades they sent me for $79 as an accessory to this do not mount with a magnet on the outside but rather clip inside to the goggles themselves where they are stuck in place, just like the DJI ones do did they change something on their website and don't have the magnetic shade any longer? I think I would like that better.

Amazing setup I finally have here with fpvlr.com Mavic antenna and boosters and brass connectors to go with my Epson bt-300 and solitaire 2 Rochester optical accessory!
Easy to take it out over two miles and back in sport mode. One battery maybe could make it 3 miles... Only gone 12k feet so far myself though.

cf4c6295262c94dc9b5860cd21979471.jpg
2134466b2264b25ac424884689f08e7d.jpg
8ae413a5d9968d315227010eee645102.jpg

Reactions: Mr Spock
Amazing setup I finally have here with fpvlr.com Mavic antenna and boosters and brass connectors
Hi,
did you try to test how much gain the Antennae and THEN the boosters gave you ?
I am sure that the Antennae are fine BUT they add the need to be more directional.
I tried a lot of ANtennas & Boosters on my Bebop, maxing out the Bebop to 3,5km range as well so i know my stuff.
It was hard for me to find an objective test method but i developed one.
I would suspect that the ANtennas will give you more range and (more important IMO) safety flying behind obstructions but those boosters i know and AFAIR they add too much noise, amping power but lowering the SNR. IMO those boosters are only good if you have a low SNR ( = bad) Equipment while the Mavic Tx/Rx is quite good.

So i wonder if they help or may even decrease range.

Did you try ?

Got some rf meters and stuff here ;-)

IMO the boosters that help high level equipment must be very good themselves making them bulky & power hungry :-(

I would love you to go into details !

Thanks for the images, was it hard to exchange the stock antennae with the SMA output terminals ?

Greetings,

Ender

Hi,
did you try to test how much gain the Antennae and THEN the boosters gave you ?
I am sure that the Antennae are fine BUT they add the need to be more directional.
I tried a lot of ANtennas & Boosters on my Bebop, maxing out the Bebop to 3,5km range as well so i know my stuff.
It was hard for me to find an objective test method but i developed one.
I would suspect that the ANtennas will give you more range and (more important IMO) safety flying behind obstructions but those boosters i know and AFAIR they add too much noise, amping power but lowering the SNR. IMO those boosters are only good if you have a low SNR ( = bad) Equipment while the Mavic Tx/Rx is quite good.

So i wonder if they help or may even decrease range.

Did you try ?

Got some rf meters and stuff here ;-)

IMO the boosters that help high level equipment must be very good themselves making them bulky & power hungry :-(

I would love you to go into details !

Thanks for the images, was it hard to exchange the stock antennae with the SMA output terminals ?

Greetings,

Ender

Installing the FPVLR radio mod took a dremel to make room inside for antenna connectors going out radio, but hardest part was getting Mavic radio case itself open!

The boosters, in my past experience, shine the most when their is no wifi neighborhood interference. They were REALLY good with a past DJI drone when we still had auto 32 channels. Back then I could also manually set my radio to weaker CE power mode as well, which I think helped. In my neighborhood, I am not sure they give me much more range these days than no boosters with 16" or longer Amazon whip antennas...need to test that more though. For a long time I was not using the boosters because the old boosters I had were not as good and were larger/heavier. Now that these attach so easy with battery running them for a couple hours or better, I think I will start just using them again. Do need to test in my neighborhood with whip vs. boosters and fpvlr antenna though. The short 8" whip are no good, and the big 12" plus ones are a pain to carry around and look pretty dopy and draw attention when I don't want to in semi-public places though. These are about the best and most pre-tested boosters out there from fpvlr. BOTTOM LINE: things have never been nearly as good as when we had 32 channel auto. Can hack and get 32 channel manual, but not auto. That really hurt range on all DJI products in congested areas immensely.

I have these, and it took me 45 minutes to get them fit onto the BT-300 last week. I would like to be able to take them on and off quickly. They come with very poor instructions, and the nose piece on my Epson BT-300's don't come out all the way, just pull mostly out. Did you take off the side glasses head holders, or leave them on? They just seemed like such a tight fit I had a horrible time getting the two pieces to pop together over the Epson. Solitare Ace 2 with shades on Epson inside.

Reactions: lone droner

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming