DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Amazing setup I finally have here with fpvlr.com Mavic antenna and boosters and brass connectors to go with my Epson bt-300 and solitaire 2 Rochester optical accessory!
Easy to take it out over two miles and back in sport mode. One battery maybe could make it 3 miles... Only gone 12k feet so far myself though.

cf4c6295262c94dc9b5860cd21979471.jpg
2134466b2264b25ac424884689f08e7d.jpg
8ae413a5d9968d315227010eee645102.jpg

Does the lanyard holder get in the way of the moverio mount, specifically the power button?

Does the lanyard holder get in the way of the moverio mount, specifically the power button?
Raining and just got the official mount, been using my own hacked up version. It is a separate piece from the BT300 mount I can remove it I don't like it. Just checked, and it does get in the way of power button, which I guess only matters if I want to fast bump off screen for landing of drone. Hmmm, I think I could grind out middle support strut in it and my index finger could then reach through the middle triangle and get to the power button though. Will have to do that. Good point since tap-to-shut-off-screen on right side of BT300 requires such a heavy slap. ~Charles

There is a holder on Ebay that has a lanyard holder built(printed) into it. I wonder if this would have the same problem. Was looking at getting one of those when I get my glasses ordered.

It does, but I just cut out a piece of the middle support out of it (not necessary) and now I can easily reach into the BT200 power button! Thanks for pointing that out ahead to me.

Attachments

• 2017-05-11 14.33.50.jpg
    2017-05-11 14.33.50.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
Just to inform tap to mute works excellent during normal use. Have to tap harder when go4 is running but it works. Tapping on the left side when wearing glasses, right side does nothing..

I have these, and it took me 45 minutes to get them fit onto the BT-300 last week. I would like to be able to take them on and off quickly. They come with very poor instructions, and the nose piece on my Epson BT-300's don't come out all the way, just pull mostly out. Did you take off the side glasses head holders, or leave them on? They just seemed like such a tight fit I had a horrible time getting the two pieces to pop together over the Epson. Solitare Ace 2 with shades on Epson inside.
was it worth it ?

Seriously anyone found the snap on lens useful against the sun? I tried few times on sunny day with that lens and see absolutely nothing if you look up into the sky.

The dark one: YES, the "normal bundled one": Only if its cloudy.

Ender

Thats what i am saying, the bundled one is "mildly gray", you can order a dark shade, either from Epson or expensive (and good) from Rochester Optics or DIY like i demonstrated for $2.

Ender

Thats what i am saying, the bundled one is "mildly gray", you can order a dark shade, either from Epson or expensive (and good) from Rochester Optics or DIY like i demonstrated for $2.

Ender
Thanks, I saw the price of those are totally stupid. I use the sun sled sticker for window and modify the mildly grey one to DARK sun proof. Now it work perfectly well.

Quick question - Has anyone used the "tap to mute" function on the Moverio's? This is supposed to turn the screen and audio off until tapped again. It seems like that would be a nice way to land with the screen off.

I have tried to do this several times but it hasn't worked. Not sure if I am tapping in the right place (right side) or if the function just doesn't work.

Yes I was wondering the same I think you. Eed to tap twice on the left side and the screen shuts off apparently let me try now and see if it works

I made a tiny simulation on my blog (there is a translation bouton for you on the right part), to have an idea with the different sun lens on the Moverio. Take a look and comment.

A few questions - I just got back from flying two batteries. I updated firmware when it released. Here is what happened, some probably related to firmware some not.
1) I was getting pretty bad pixelization (not sure if that is what it is called) on takeoff and near my home point. It seemed to get better as I flew. Is this an android thing or could it be related to a bad cable connection (micro-USB to USB)?
2) My maps after fixing them are now gone.
3) Got a bad disconnect on second battery. Flew out about 200 feet and the screen said aircraft not connected and no GPS signal. I think it may be related to when I switched batteries I didn't power down anything expect the aircraft.

Any thoughts or recommendations (especially on the pixelization) is appreciated.

Installing the FPVLR radio mod took a dremel to make room inside for antenna connectors going out radio, but hardest part was getting Mavic radio case itself open!

The boosters, in my past experience, shine the most when their is no wifi neighborhood interference. They were REALLY good with a past DJI drone when we still had auto 32 channels. Back then I could also manually set my radio to weaker CE power mode as well, which I think helped. In my neighborhood, I am not sure they give me much more range these days than no boosters with 16" or longer Amazon whip antennas...need to test that more though. For a long time I was not using the boosters because the old boosters I had were not as good and were larger/heavier. Now that these attach so easy with battery running them for a couple hours or better, I think I will start just using them again. Do need to test in my neighborhood with whip vs. boosters and fpvlr antenna though. The short 8" whip are no good, and the big 12" plus ones are a pain to carry around and look pretty dopy and draw attention when I don't want to in semi-public places though. These are about the best and most pre-tested boosters out there from fpvlr. BOTTOM LINE: things have never been nearly as good as when we had 32 channel auto. Can hack and get 32 channel manual, but not auto. That really hurt range on all DJI products in congested areas immensely.
"can hack and get the 32ch manual"
i thought the 32ch hack does not work on the Mavic?

Hi !
I have a "new" way of installing (aka sideloading) apk's to the BT-300: I completely forgot about that but "Es File Explorer" that i bought a long time ago can SEND stuff from one Android to another. Both devices have to have ES File Explorer running, then go to the "Library -> Applications" page on your regular Android device where you downloaded an App via Google play.
Select the Application you want to send, the BT-300 will appear in a list to choose from other ES-File Explorer Instances. There will be a question for permission on the BT-300 ED FIle Explorer app. The app will be sent as apk and you can easily install it.

Voila.
Sounds trouble but is really easy and straightforward once you did it.
So if i transfer an App from my Desktop i run Airdroid on the BT-300 if i transfer from another Android device i use ES FIle Exporer.

I believe the free version can do so as well, 99% sure.

Hope that speeds up your life
1f642.png
:)

Ender

Reactions: Mr Spock
Will be watching for this update...
Hi !
Both HDMI grabbers arrived.
One seems to be a lemom, can not do as advertised, probably lost in translation.
The other is great.
Its mostly called "hdml-cloner wand" which is probably a typo since one person typed "L" instead of "I" in lowercase but nevermind :)

The device is available starting from $50 but i have seen it for $250 as well.
It has several different names so its a bit tricky.
"Safe bets" in Germany (and EU) is "Pearl" where it is available for 79 Euro ($85):
Pearl via Amazon, OR via pearl.de but their site is hoplessly cluttered...
auvisio USB-HDMI-Videograbber für Videos bis Full: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

The "official" site seems to be here but with a $119 price tag :-(
Record HD videos from any video source via HDMI to your Android phone or PC

I've seen it on Aliexpress for $49 but can not seem to find it atm but if you want to save some money look it up and let us know. I decided to have it NOW and ordered it at amazon.de for 79 Euro...

It needs Android App "HDML-Cloner" from Play Store that works wonderful on 4/4 devices, device NEED USB OTG, cable is included)
Luckily most of my Androids including the Moverio can act as USB host -> USB-OTG.
You can also use it on PC.
PC AND Android Software can use 1080p or 720p (720p on Moverio is perfect) and can record to HDD / SD Card on the fly in h.264 compression.

Picky sources that care about HDCP (like Macbooks or FireTV) will display an error. Thats not the cloners fault, just HDCP "magic".

Luckily i have some cheap HDMI Splitters that strip HDCP which is a joke in itself. one example for $7 is here:
use "32807521085" in the Aliexpress search form...
Genrally the cheaper & older a HDMI splitter is the more likely is that it can bypass HDCP...

So now you know it all.
It doesnt make too much sense to have that device but i wanted it bad :)
I bought it for my smart phone as i often have the need for a second Monitor in my job but i could watch from my sat receiver or Blueray player or ... on my Moverio now if i want.

If you find a cheap link, just share it !

AND now i can use my Moverio on my horribly expensive WiDV FPV HDMI Equipment, YEAAAHHH !

;-)

Greetings,

Ender

Hi !
Both HDMI grabbers arrived.
One seems to be a lemom, can not do as advertised, probably lost in translation.
The other is great.
Its mostly called "hdml-cloner wand" which is probably a typo since one person typed "L" instead of "I" in lowercase but nevermind :)

The device is available starting from $50 but i have seen it for $250 as well.
It has several different names so its a bit tricky.
"Safe bets" in Germany (and EU) is "Pearl" where it is available for 79 Euro ($85):
Pearl via Amazon, OR via pearl.de but their site is hoplessly cluttered...
auvisio USB-HDMI-Videograbber für Videos bis Full: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

The "official" site seems to be here but with a $119 price tag :-(
Record HD videos from any video source via HDMI to your Android phone or PC

I've seen it on Aliexpress for $49 but can not seem to find it atm but if you want to save some money look it up and let us know. I decided to have it NOW and ordered it at amazon.de for 79 Euro...

It needs Android App "HDML-Cloner" from Play Store that works wonderful on 4/4 devices, device NEED USB OTG, cable is included)
Luckily most of my Androids including the Moverio can act as USB host -> USB-OTG.
You can also use it on PC.
PC AND Android Software can use 1080p or 720p (720p on Moverio is perfect) and can record to HDD / SD Card on the fly in h.264 compression.

Picky sources that care about HDCP (like Macbooks or FireTV) will display an error. Thats not the cloners fault, just HDCP "magic".

Luckily i have some cheap HDMI Splitters that strip HDCP which is a joke in itself. one example for $7 is here:
use "32807521085" in the Aliexpress search form...
Genrally the cheaper & older a HDMI splitter is the more likely is that it can bypass HDCP...

So now you know it all.
It doesnt make too much sense to have that device but i wanted it bad :)
I bought it for my smart phone as i often have the need for a second Monitor in my job but i could watch from my sat receiver or Blueray player or ... on my Moverio now if i want.

If you find a cheap link, just share it !

AND now i can use my Moverio on my horribly expensive WiDV FPV HDMI Equipment, YEAAAHHH !

;-)

Greetings,

Ender

My kids would like to be able to see it on my Nvidia tablet or on the Glyph goggles I have. Can you tell me exactly, in better english, what I need to do for either application?

1. Glyph has HDMI in but does not run android. Nvidia has HDMI out...not sure it does HDMI in to work as a monitor...but it is also android. Just kind of confused here.
2. Maybe there is just a wifi direct connect app that could connect Nvidia tablet to BT-300 directly, without any cords?

All this wifi stuff might interfere with the 2.4ghz signal to the drone though, would it not? I don't normally turn off wifi, but am not using/congesting traffic on it though either.

Maybe this would be a solution, bluetooth connect the BT-300 to the Nvidia, then plug the Glyph into the Nvidia HDMI all using this app: Guide to Mirror Your Android to Android

Last edited:
Hi !
I am nit sure what you want to do, display the Mavcs View on two devices (or 3 ?) at the same time ?
Please Detail what you want to do then i can help.

Greetings,

Ender

Hi !
I have a "new" way of installing (aka sideloading) apk's to the BT-300: I completely forgot about that but "Es File Explorer" that i bought a long time ago can SEND stuff from one Android to another. Both devices have to have ES File Explorer running, then go to the "Library -> Applications" page on your regular Android device where you downloaded an App via Google play.
Select the Application you want to send, the BT-300 will appear in a list to choose from other ES-File Explorer Instances. There will be a question for permission on the BT-300 ED FIle Explorer app. The app will be sent as apk and you can easily install it.

Voila.
Sounds trouble but is really easy and straightforward once you did it.
So if i transfer an App from my Desktop i run Airdroid on the BT-300 if i transfer from another Android device i use ES FIle Exporer.

I believe the free version can do so as well, 99% sure.

Hope that speeds up your life
1f642.png
:)

Ender
Does this allow a paid android version of litchi to be moved to the Moverios?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78