DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I could be having a problem because I haven't had a chance to take it outside and play with it. I don't have the holders for the rc and it's really cold here in the north east. I'll get the holders tomorrow and hope I have time to take outside let it connect to the satellites. Epson's QA says it could take up to 20 minutes to find your location the first time.

I could be having a problem because I haven't had a chance to take it outside and play with it. I don't have the holders for the rc and it's really cold here in the north east. I'll get the holders tomorrow and hope I have time to take outside let it connect to the satellites. Epson's QA says it could take up to 20 minutes to find your location the first time.

Agreed Wayne. Took a bit of time for mine to link up, give it time outside, she will get a signal lock.

Is this accurate. I know the Moverio had GPS sensors built into the controller. I would think it should know where it is without a wi-fi connection. I haven't been able to get mine to update maps yet either but haven't been outside for it to get GPS. It is not getting the location form my wi-fi network.

Yes, need to be outside powered up to get GPS signal. You will also need a wifi connection for it to update the maps. Give it sometime and it should be good to go.

Reactions: liban622 and Ted903
Is this accurate. I know the Moverio had GPS sensors built into the controller. I would think it should know where it is without a wi-fi connection. I haven't been able to get mine to update maps yet either but haven't been outside for it to get GPS. It is not getting the location form my wi-fi network.

Using the GO APP Map on the BT-300.

1. Ensure you have a wifi hotspot / connection.
2. Make sure you are outside and the BT-300 control module has clear access to the sky so it can Acquire its GPS coordinates.
3. Be patience on first use as it does take a bit of time for the initial acquisition.

I have google maps working, gps on and I find my location fine.
When I use DJI go4 all i get is a blank map screen, regardless of how far I zoom out I get absolutely nothing until zoomed out about 10KM.
I have unchecked the option 'use coordinates for china'. But I also notice on the first DJI screen, (the one displaying the quad) when I use the far right hand menu (3 horizontal bars) and go to offline map- I only have the option to download maps of Chinese locations. I also see an error/notification at top of this page saying "Cannot use satellite maps when not connect to a network." Yet I have tried this connected to my home network and my mobile wifi hotspot....

I have google maps working, gps on and I find my location fine.
When I use DJI go4 all i get is a blank map screen, regardless of how far I zoom out I get absolutely nothing until zoomed out about 10KM.
I have unchecked the option 'use coordinates for china'. But I also notice on the first DJI screen, (the one displaying the quad) when I use the far right hand menu (3 horizontal bars) and go to offline map- I only have the option to download maps of Chinese locations. I also see an error/notification at top of this page saying "Cannot use satellite maps when not connect to a network." Yet I have tried this connected to my home network and my mobile wifi hotspot....
It's early yet, on my first cup of coffee, so a little confused. Are you saying you have google maps working but not in the go 4 app?

I have been playing with the BT-300 for a few days now. Have not had a chance to fly with it due to weather but trying to shake out issues with the glasses itself. I too am having no luck getting maps to display. This morning I had the glasses and controller outside for 30 min. I have location turned on in settings. I am connected to a wi-fi hot spot and have internet access. I go into Google Maps on the Browser and it cannot find my location. I go into the Go 4 app and my map is blank. I have tried turning the China maps option on and on with no difference.

I am getting frustrated with these things to the point that if I can't see improvement this weekend, I'm likely to return them. I'm also frustrated that Epson seems to have zero technical support other than the guide and FAQs on their web site. There is no phone number, no chat, no email support.

Has anyone had any luck solving these problems?

Reactions: stratos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee