DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I have downloaded the new FW but the icon for the 4.0.3 won't go away the app says it's 4.0.3 when I check the version but the notification box remains. When I click on it it just shows download screen but doesn't respond. Spock any advice
I have the same issue. I have contacted Epson and told them, will let you know soon as i know but i think the issue is that the Moverio DJIGO4 app is a custom made version for the glasses and that is why it won't upgrade from 4 .0.2 to higher. But I will find out soon from Epson.

Thats great Dan. Heading to my son's place in the Keys next week and there is a UPS store with a 3D printer along the way.

File was finalized. Pm me if you need it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 198
Question out to any Moverio owners....Has anyone been able to get their Maps to display on the DJI Go4 app? Ive not been able to crack that one yet? plus unable to upgrade to 4.0.3 just hangs at the download

Just got the drone edition in late yesterday. It's been advertised the GO 4 app is installed, it's not, but it was easy to download. Hope to try with Mavic today, weather permitting; will check and let you know

Reactions: rbreezy
Hello Guys, I received my BT-300FPV yesterday morning and set it up and it did not have the GO 4 app installed. So I got to the BT to properly down load and install it on my glasses.

Initial tests with the GO app already installed on the Mavic started off good until some video breakup. I have seen this on Android devices in my earlier testing of different GO apps on my other android devices so i know the drill.

With the same settings, switched to Go 4 app. and the video lag was so bad it was NOT usable or safe to FPV and fly.

Conclusion: Android tests here reviled that the GO apps are increasing in data down link complexity and features that the app's are demanding more and more CPU cycles that these older Android system just can't keep up with and i think the embedded processor in the BT300 won't cut it if you are forced to use the standard DJI go 4.

IOS: I am a big user of DJI products, P3, P4, P4Pro, Inspire 1, and Mavic Pro and seen several performance changes over the years since 2012 to date on all of these Birds with my IOS devices and i am 95% IOS based user.

Android: This year when i purchased the Mavic, my daughter gave me her old Samsung Galaxy S4 for use on the Mavic only. reset and cleared off everything and did a factory reset and then loaded the DJI go app standard and then the Go 4 app after. Both are installed on these phone. With switching from one to the other (NO BACKGROUND running) i see about a 20% increase in CPU demand from 68% to 88% respectfully. When the go 4 app demanded anything over 75% of the Samsung Galaxy S4 CPU, then the Video lag began and some cases bad pixelation would occur and FPV was not safe to fly. In some cases, it was so bad 1/2 the screen was missing the image and i lost my the Mavic position and the kept increasing and sometimes it recovered but the Mavic was at a different location and could have crashed if i did not anticipate this as i was under testing. So be careful of bad lag, you maybe out further in distance point then you think from a FPV standpoint!
Then i purchased a Nvidia Shield K1 to use for FPV and with my Head play HDMI Goggles.

Well i did the same CPU test, the older GO app is lower in CPU demand then the GO 4 app but note, this Nvidia Shield has faster CPU Four cores, faster Memory subsystem and overall GPU speed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 has NOT.

Attached is a sample of the CPU usage between GO app that DJI is not going to support anymore vs. the new Go 4 app for the future. If this new GO 4 App keep asking for more CPU processing demand, we will be purchasing new devices yearly.

As it stands, i am keeping my Phantom 4 and IOS IPAD mini 2 matched to this bird for life and not move to the new GO 4 app, but test the Go 4 app again. I need to experiment and test this combination some more and measure it's IPAD mini 2 CPU load.

As for the Mavic and Phantom 4 Pro, the Nvidia Shield K1 seems to work OK with both Apps but the GO 4 app sometimes go's off line and then i need to re start the app. I already reported this to DJI but they say this tablet is NOT DJI supported.

History: On the Phantom 4, i have made the RF booster using the MAXXUAV solutions and that allows me to fly long distances LOS with NO link disconnects or weak radio signals

> Based on my APP research and testing, i have concluded that a high percentage of CPU demand will look like you are having weak RF transmissions but if your not seeing the RC of HD icons showing lower scale before Video breakup, lag or pixelation, i bet it's because that DJI app regardless of version is now taking this high CPU demand and is not pointing to the RF power of the RF Radio signal between the Bird (any of them) and the RC controller.

Again, attached is the CPU load on the Nvidia Shield K1 only showing the current DJI Go app and the new Go 4 app and you can see almost a 20% more CPU demand between them on this Android device. Please note, this is only a couple of tests i done on this static setup and it's constant.

Back to the BT-300FPV: This is one reason why i returned my BT-300FPV this morning. All i needed was less then 24 hours to evaluate this product and i don't like them for this and for other reasons a well.

Hope all this information helps. Tip. if you have the HDMI module installed on the P3, 4 or 4 Pro RC, you will can see if the video tracks the Android or IOS device when the APP and device starts the Video breakup, lag or pixelation as a way to verify all of this i have reported.

I plan to do more testing on IOS next and report, but 99% of my flying with IOS seems better then Android since it's a different OS and DJI seems to have a slightly better performance on IOS then Android for the time being.

Best regards,
Steve

Attachments

• NvidiaK1DJIapps03012017.jpg
    NvidiaK1DJIapps03012017.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Thanks for the thorough review Steve. I was hesitant to buy it because of android and am also a iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, iPhone 7 plus user (P4Pro, Mavic). I bought an android Asus Zen 8 LTE from Verizon about a month ago and am fortunate to say, had no issues on several flights (Android 6 Marshmellow). I purchased the Asus because after installing the HDMI kit to the P4Pro controller with my Avegant Glyph's, I wanted a backup screen. Via Glyph reviews and testing, the Glyph's wouldn't allow a second screen with IOS.

It's super windy here now, when it abates somewhat, I will give the 300FPV and Mavic a try.

Reactions: Chewy
Guys, please make sure there are no other apps running in the background or you will experience terrible lag.

Reactions: Expedy21
I received the BT-300 (Drone version) several weeks ago and have had a great experience! No lag what-so-ever with the DJI Go 4 pro and decent battery life for the glasses. I make sure that the DJI GO 4 is the only app running and have not had a single app crash. I used to fly with a pair of Fatshark Dominator 3 googles but could never go back to them after using the BT-300. It's so pleasant to fly and not feel your head is in box.

Reactions: SDPILOT12
I received the BT-300 (Drone version) several weeks ago and have had a great experience! No lag what-so-ever with the DJI Go 4 pro and decent battery life for the glasses. I make sure that the DJI GO 4 is the only app running and have not had a single app crash. I used to fly with a pair of Fatshark Dominator 3 googles but could never go back to them after using the BT-300. It's so pleasant to fly and not feel your head is in box.

I was hopeful to run the video camera at the same time. Have you done that, and if so, how was the experience?

I have not had any success running the video camera. (My guess is that it would create too much stress on the device and create lag anyway). I have not experimented other than a quick try. After launching the video and toggling to DJI GO App I could not find the icon the start the camera.

Frankly, I have only an hour or two of flight time behind my belt so it may be possible. It was just not very intuitive.

On the bottom of the screen, there are 3 icons. I believe it is the middle icon that will bring up all apps that are open and allow you to swipe them closed.

Reactions: Expedy21
Question out to any Moverio owners....Has anyone been able to get their Maps to display on the DJI Go4 app? Ive not been able to crack that one yet? plus unable to upgrade to 4.0.3 just hangs at the download
I get the map but it is showing me in the wrong location and wrong country. Others have this issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2