DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ever see a drone flying while traveling around?

Had my second sighting!
I was recently flying The Seven Magic Mountains right outside of Las Vegas , NV. It is an art installation where the artist has stacked these huge boulders one on top of another and they balance perfectly. The Boulders are painted in multi colors.

Here is a pic of what they look like.
seven_magic_mountains-png.38799

When I get there I see a fellow flyer pull out a Spark/ Air and launch it for some footage and pics. We kinda nodded at each other as I launched my Mavic Pro. He also had a DSLR rig he was using.
I inadvertently caught his Spark on video when I was doing a Course Lock flyby of the back side of the boulders. Here is a screen grab from that video that shows his Spark Flying an opposite path to mine.
seven_magic_mountains_spark1-png.38802

These are not color graded or edited just quick snaps from video.

Funny thing was that alot of the picture takers were trying to snap shots and video of our drones flying by them and the boulders.

Attachments

• Seven_Magic_Mountains.png
    Seven_Magic_Mountains.png
    759.9 KB · Views: 54
  • seven_magic_mountains_Spark1.png
    seven_magic_mountains_Spark1.png
    713 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I was out flying by a river yesterday when someone came and told me "mate, you are way too low near those people". I was 100m high, 300 away from anyone and a little confused until I saw an idiot flying his Mavic 5 metres above a group of not happy people. Losers like that give us a bad name.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon