DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everybody is talking about rules...

ISpeekW00kie

Reactions
So the talk here is the states is that we have to VLOS at all times. Problem with that is when one looks at their screen to verify video/photo, they are technically breaking that rule.

Solution:

5d5db0cd486db7276579b3c1a4310750.jpg

BrotherUSA - Your source for home and office product information

First, it's expensive, but maybe reasonable considering. Second, it's not too shabby in the size comparison to the DJI Goggles (or whatever they're called). Third, who wants to try them and report back because I don't have a grand...

Interesting . I've wanted something like this for my little 250 quad.

Expensive though .. I've been thinking about trying this: PirateEye 2

Not a ton of info, but less than $500..

IMHO: $1k for monocular 720 res is ridiculous. Think of the tech in a Mavic (also $1k) and then think about what's in this headset (I'm guessing 720 lcd projector and a half silvered mirror?). I don't think they're going to get much market penetration up against the cheaper, binocular, kinda DJI supported BT-300.

More importantly, how exactly does the video signal get from the control device to the HDMI input on the headset?

My best guess would be an adapter, considering most devices don't have an HDMI out. It is expensive, just another option, but still lack luster at best.

Personally, I'm waiting to see the price point in that DJI Crystal Sky.

I'm not sure an adapter would be possible. USB from the controller to the ios/android device uses up all the available ports on most devices. Certainly don't want to use 2.4GHz wifi transmission right next to the controller and Bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth for streaming 720p. Maybe if someone from Brother is looking at this thread they can let us know.

A few days ago a proven DJI employee on a different forum was claiming CrystalSky will be released "really soon". Fingers crossed for the price point!

A few days ago a proven DJI employee on a different forum was claiming CrystalSky will be released "really soon". Fingers crossed for the price point!

JTS I wish that was going to be the end of the story but using DJI's past track record you can bet that it will be released and then we will all wait 3-4 more months before we can actually buy one.

Where are the Prop guards that came out a month ago?

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya