DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA DRONE REGISTRATION

kevin_welch7

Reactions
So my dad and I filled out the FAA drone registration, then it took us to purchase options. We thought that you just have to register your drone and it's free. Or am I wrong and you have to pay?

You have to pay a $5.00 fee. It's good for three years and you print it off after paying. Number on card must be present on drone. It is good for any drones you have.

Reactions: jointeffort
It only costs $5 to register when registering directly on the FAA's website here.

Reactions: kevin_welch7
The registry is for the person's info, not a drone. They won't even know who is flying one, unless it crashes into something or it is found and the FAA registration number on it is researched for the registered pilot.

I consider myself tech savvy and fell for it. That's what happens late at night, after a couple of beers.....

Needless to say, I'm following my credit card closely to see if there's any unusual charges.
Dont feel bad Ike. I fell for it too. Paid the exhorbitant price but at least its now registered

sent from my Galaxy Note4

I had to find my email about my registration to double check that I had actually gone to the faa.gov site. That link he posted leads to a rather good spoof.

You have to pay a $5.00 fee. It's good for three years and you print it off after paying. Number on card must be present on drone. It is good for any drones you have.

Once you've registered with the FAA and receive your Registration #, go on the below website and for $3 they will provide 4 printed labels with your Reg # and contact phone # (if you chose). You can attached one of the labels to your drone. The $3 fee includes 4 labels.

Mike Singer
Founder, Phantom Help
www.PhantomHelp.com

Once you've registered with the FAA and receive your Registration #, go on the below website and for $3 they will provide 4 printed labels with your Reg # and contact phone # (if you chose). You can attached one of the labels to your drone. The $3 fee includes 4 labels.

Mike Singer
Founder, Phantom Help
www.PhantomHelp.com

CORRECTION: The address is www.phantomhelp.com/FaaRegistrationStickers/

The other is for Mike Singer, a very helpful person who contacted me by email to assist with placing the order.

Reactions: jointeffort
Just be careful you don't try to register at scam sites like:
DRONE REGISTRATION
These guys are NOT the FAA website.

Geeze...for everything legit there is someone creating a deception or a fraud. Never saw that site. I registered on the FAA site, paid the $ 5 bucks and printed a sticker with the ID for the side of Mavvy. I am a Canuck but travel to and have family in the US so I did it right away and my longest flights so far have been in PA.

Reactions: frankiez
at the site above www.phantomhelp.com it states that you must be a US citizen to register your drone with the FAA
Where does my site state that? I only see "you must register if you're in the US".

Everyone flying in the US must register. It doesn't matter which country you call home.

Got it. I was looking at PhantomHelp.com. I just updated that page to avoid any confusion.

What can realistically happen if someone never registers their drone? A lot of people are saying not to.

Geeze...for everything legit there is someone creating a deception or a fraud. Never saw that site. I registered on the FAA site, paid the $ 5 bucks and printed a sticker with the ID for the side of Mavvy. I am a Canuck but travel to and have family in the US so I did it right away and my longest flights so far have been in PA.

Canuck here too. Just registered so I can drag the Mavic on trips there. Never know what might be interesting.

Well..., at minimum if you had an encounter with anyone in law enforcement that knew what they were talking about apropos drones you would be hassled. Not sure what the enforcement action would be however I have seen videos by people that were detained for periods of time while the officers tried to figure out what to do. Not worth the hassle or wanting to find out

Ok I have a question when you register you're drone with FAA which I have done and I had to send my Mavic out for repair of gimble what happens if the send me a Drone back with a different serial number on it ? Do I have to re register? What happens if someone gets my old drone after it is fixed and they try to register?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: vitaminD

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun