DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA UAS NOTAMs - HAVE YOU SEEN THESE?

BeticusMagnus

Reactions

Reactions: Paul Harvey
Yes, and getting more common.

Remember, this are NOTAM "Notice to Airmen". These are not flight restrictions, just advisories to maintain strong situational awareness when flying in that area.

Yes, and getting more common.

Remember, this are NOTAM "Notice to Airmen". These are not flight restrictions, just advisories to maintain strong situational awareness when flying in that area.

I thought it got changed to be more politically correct.

Notice To Air Missions. 🤔

Reactions: WanderLost
I'm not exactly a PC person...

I’m confused and bewildered. What language are these NOTAMs in? They look like English, and the alphabet looks like English, but I get all twisted by the verbiage and distracted in trying to decipher the meaning that must be in them.

If there were NOTAOs (Notice to Auto Operators) like these posted on the highway there’d be a pileup at every mile marker.

Is there a site somewhere that has a translation into the vernacular (perhaps, TITVs) where those easily flummoxed by bureaucratic logorrhea (TEFBBLs) can get to the bone of these messages?

Understanding the various acronyms that bureaucrats use to “shorten” their instructions is tough enough without needing to decipher a message that looks like a bowl of alphabet soup or, at best, a list of possible passwords!!

Is there a site somewhere that has a translation into the vernacular

This may help?