DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fast decent rate?

Never too late to come back. Flying wingsuit in the mountains in the best thing in the world! Now in winter months when I don't jump I fly my Mavic fast and low with Goggles and get similar rush.
Mistakes = Aches .... When you're almost 70 (still paragliding), aches take exponentially longer to go. Paraglider Speed Flying is the current temptation .... ;)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Mistakes = Aches .... When you're almost 70 (still paragliding), aches take exponentially longer to go. Paraglider Speed Flying is the current temptation .... ;)

I understand. Now, with paragliding, it shouldn't be hard to launch Mavic before you take off, and then fly it next to you or do ActiveTrack? It would make insanely awesome video! I'm tempted to take my Mavic with me on a jump, open high, and have Mavic flying next to me. But it's more sketchy as I'll have to launch it while moving at 20mph airspeed. I'll need to get comfortable with CSC and Mavic freefalling before I attempt this.

I understand. Now, with paragliding, it shouldn't be hard to launch Mavic before you take off, and then fly it next to you or do ActiveTrack? It would make insanely awesome video! I'm tempted to take my Mavic with me on a jump, open high, and have Mavic flying next to me. But it's more sketchy as I'll have to launch it while moving at 20mph airspeed. I'll need to get comfortable with CSC and Mavic freefalling before I attempt this.
Hmmm .... most likely launch MP once I'm safely flying the paraglider. Thought about it ... but paraglider speed would necessitate some pretty full on MP flying to keep in position, let alone manoeuvre around or set up in position for Active Track.
I think, first, I'd want to try whilst passenger on tandem paraglider first. Could give it my full attention to assess all the issues/problems and have a better plan for when flying solo.
I might go down to Rhossili Sands and try it some time. Enough soft sand about for neither MP or me to suffer too much bruising if it goes wrong.

Hmmm .... most likely launch MP once I'm safely flying the paraglider. Thought about it ... but paraglider speed would necessitate some pretty full on MP flying to keep in position, let alone manoeuvre around or set up in position for Active Track.
I think, first, I'd want to try whilst passenger on tandem paraglider first. Could give it my full attention to assess all the issues/problems and have a better plan for when flying solo.
I might go down to Rhossili Sands and try it some time. Enough soft sand about for neither MP or me to suffer too much bruising if it goes wrong.

No, I meant, you launch Mavic while you're on your lauch site, "park" it to the side, launch your PG, control Mavic when you're ready.

No, I meant, you launch Mavic while you're on your lauch site, "park" it to the side, launch your PG, control Mavic when you're ready.
Easier just to leave it sat on the ground ready to launch. "Line of sight" and all that .... get myself sorted and soaring, know where others are in the air, etc, etc.

Learn the toilet bowl roll for fast descents. While the Mavic is not prone to VRS (vortex ring state), I have seen mine wobble a bit during a straight vertical drop. The toilet bowl move keeps it out of its own wash (as stated above).

Mine does the same, very "jumpy" with straight down cent at full decent rate. slow decent is fine.

Reactions: Qoncussion

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark