DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filters

dbrockman2

Reactions
Looking into getting a set of filters for my Mavic Platinum, and wanted to pick brains. What are your thoughts on polarizing filters. I’ve read they have to be set according to sun angle but then as you fly, that angle changes and then they aren’t effective.

Thoughts?

I use them when flying over the lake to cut down on glare off of the water...and it seems to work well for that. I just orient it horizontally so they work the same as polarized sunglasses. For professional use or for different purposes, they may require more "per shot" adjustment.

here are a few samples- all are shot with an inexpensive PGYTECH CPL on MPP:
In the 2nd video we were driving in a circle, so you can really see the variable effect of the polarizer at various angles relative to the sun.

Looking into getting a set of filters for my Mavic Platinum, and wanted to pick brains. What are your thoughts on polarizing filters. I’ve read they have to be set according to sun angle but then as you fly, that angle changes and then they aren’t effective.

Thoughts?
Me three. But I'm such a novice videoagrapher (is that a word?) I'm afraid this is a waste of money For Me at this moment... I'm still trying to justify buying photoshop subscription at 20 a month right now... Put it this way... I'm using Windows Microsoft movie maker. Lol. I know i know... It's like kindergarten software for you pros out there... But I APPRECIATE THAT and am definitely 100% in this thing for the long haul...

Last edited:
I use them when flying over the lake to cut down on glare off of the water...and it seems to work well for that. I just orient it horizontally so they work the same as polarized sunglasses. For professional use or for different purposes, they may require more "per shot" adjustment.

here are a few samples- all are shot with an inexpensive PGYTECH CPL on MPP:
In the 2nd video we were driving in a circle, so you can really see the variable effect of the polarizer at various angles relative to the sun.

That 2nd video really shows it well! Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livewire