DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finding Mini 2

ryan440jd

Reactions
I lost my Mini 2 out of my pocket on a hike I have went back and looked multiple times but unfortunately there was 6 inches of snow when I lost it and still is currently. The drone was turned off so I’m pretty sure gps coordinates are out of luck and also the battery is probably frozen by now can I retrace my steps with a metal detector? Will it pick it up? Or is there any other way to find it? I am new to drones please help. Thanks -Ryan

Bummer Ryan, I've lost 2 Osmo Pockets out of my walking shorts pockets now, no more Pockets in my pockets for me !!
Hope the detecting works out for you and it's relatively unscathed.
Snow melt might cause some moisture ingress, hope you can have a search very soon.

Reactions: ryan440jd
can I retrace my steps with a metal detector?
Other than being able to spot it with your eyes, that's likely the only other thing that'll help track it down.

I'm more than sure that searching that area with a metal detector will unearth your mini.
Good luck.Thumbswayup;)🤞

Reactions: ryan440jd
Bummer Ryan, I've lost 2 Osmo Pockets out of my walking shorts pockets now, no more Pockets in my pockets for me !!
Snow melt might cause some moisture ingress, hope you can have a search very soon.
Even worse it had a SD card in it with over 100GB of footage I wonder how that will hold up.

I thought I was the only one to lose two Osmo Action cameras from my cargo shorts pockets! And they were both on mini-tripods (Manfrotto). Now I see I am in good company.

Dale

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2