DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Technology led strobes

It did surprise me how much more I could see the Arc-II's in the test.

Funny, I noticed the Dual is pretty good too, even at a decent angle.
On my Spark (drone) the only thing I could fit on was a Dual in reality, so just placed one velcro tab under the right front arm on the body side.
I can see this even from front on, or very high overhead.

I chose this spot because the way that particular Dual white is made, the lipo and stobe board are 'wrapped' together with a slight angle (slightly exaggerated >) |/ so putting it there on the drone makes it slightly angled down with the usb plug facing backwards.
Will leave that as is for the Spark drone, I really don't fly too far with that and can just give it a slight turn to locate it if ever needed.

I only have the Red/White public safety series ARCII now, but wow it is bright, but also big too !
I've got 4 white ARCIIs literally on their way to my nieces place in NJ too now, along with 6 sparks {and my 2nd replacement white Dual missing from previous order).
So soon I'll be able to do a pretty comprehensive test of what I've got now, and then into the new year when others are collected by my brother and brought back, I can do final test with ARCII white.

Reactions: Thomas B
Here’s what they look like on the M2P...
View attachment 80172
@JimD19 ... they are ARC2s. They are mounted in Aerial Pixel mounts. The front fit on the legs over my PolarPro landing gear.
Are these the same mounts that are usually attached to the front arms? Are were they specially made? I have polar pro landing legs also and a Phantom Wetsuit, so I prefer to mount the to the front landing legs.
Here’s a heads up comparison.

Easily clipped on in mounts from @Aerial-Pixel
Are these the same mounts Arial Pixel lists as usually being mounted to the front arms? I would prefer to mount them as you have to the front legs, I have Polar Pro landing legs and also have a Phantom Wetsuit, so mounting them to the landing legs would be preferred. Or, were the mounts custom made to fit over the polar pro landing leg extensions?

Are these the same mounts that are usually attached to the front arms? Are were they specially made? I have polar pro landing legs also and a Phantom Wetsuit, so I prefer to mount the to the front landing legs.
They can be ordered to fit front arms, rear arms, or front legs... mix and match situation. I have mine in front mounted on the legspartly over the tops of my PP LG... no problems in 10 months.

Well I realize The Strobes assist in v l o s, they also invoke the law of unintended consequences. They provide attention to and a target for "Purple Necks" (privacy crazed nitwit with gun). I would carefully Ponder this before turning them on in rural or semi rural areas.
I have yet to hear of a drone being shot at here in Oz. Hopefully never will.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki