DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware, App Reinstall Results in "No SD Card"

Brian_MavicPro

Reactions
Hello DJI Friends,

I recently discovered an interesting glitch concerning the micro SD card and updating the Mavic Pro 2 drone, among many other glitches that were associated with the firmware update process. To keep this brief as possible. I will set the conditions: Equipment used: 2018 Mac Mini, DJI Mavic 2 Pro, DJI Mavic 2 Controller, iPhone XS, iPad Pro 2018.

• Problem: noticed that a waypoint feature was available in the DJI Go4 app. I did not have access to this feature on my iOS device... (AKA "Why don't I have that, never seen it, what is Waypoint 2.0)...was I supposed to have a waypoint 1.0? hmmm
  • After much research, I determined that I missed the boat somehow and I proceeded to update my iOS device and drone with the latest firmware (iOS App Ver 4.3.12, Aircraft 01.00.03.00).
  • The application appeared to be the most recent update according to Apple's app store, no update
  • The aircraft firmware needed an update so I did the normal automated way via my iOS device connected to my controller then the drone does an automatic update. I got to 99% and it said to disconnect the data cable to refresh. I made 4 failed attempts.
  • After failing, I forced the update via DJI assistant directly connecting the aircraft to my computer. It worked, according to the DJI assistant interface.
  • I turned everything off and reinitialized the controller, drone and application but still no waypoints feature on my device.
  • After verifying that I did not “miss something”. I decided to take a bit more drastic measure.
  • I deleted the DJI Go4 application off of my iPhone XS and my iPad Pro 3rd Gen.
  • I reset my device then reloaded the DJI Go4 application from Apple’s application store.
  • I reinitialized my controller, aircraft and device.
  • The DJI Go4 application had no waypoint feature but did tell me that my firmware was inconsistent. SAY WHAT! Fine, do an automatic update. After the auto-update (success), There it was, my WAYPOINTS feauture but uh oh, my SD card was not inserted or so it told me “No SD Card”. Say What!
  • After tossing my SD card into a PC for a reformat, it worked. I repated the process with my iPAD. Guess what. The DJI Go4 application proclaimed my firmware was inconsistent. Again, keep in mind, I changed nothing. I used the same battery, controller, etc. Okay, update that out of date firmware, lol….And I lost my SD card again according to the application.
So, what gives? I have a fully compatible and rather pricey name brand 128GB micro SD card that has never failed. I was forced to manually update the aircraft firmware via DJI Assistant after four failed attempts to do it the automatic way using the DJI GO4 application. I am told by the DJI Go4 application that my firmware is inconsistent for each device I check and update. Then the SD card becomes unusable without a manual removal and reformat each time the firmware updates.

128GB SanDisk Extreme micro SDi, UHS-1, U3, A2 is what I am already using. As stated. It works perfectly. However, the firmware update process screws it up. The workaround is to remove it. Place it in a PC, format it exfat (default) and reinstall it...EVERY TIME YOU UPDATE the new firmware using DJI Go4 application for the Jan 2018 update.

My exact SD Card is listed below:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCMKK5X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only commented because you mentioned that the card was "rather pricey"

I considered the price very reasonable

No harm or foul

my response was also aimed at all here to what i consider a BARGAIN on the Card

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123