DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update 0600 fail

I updated to 0600 a week ago. All ok until today ............ on start up my cam/gimbal video feed slowly rolled 45 degrees on my screen display. Powered off the drone and then powered on again and camera feed was perfectly level. Im starting to think the latest 0600 firmware has a gimbal bug............

I do think it's the firmware update. Everything was fine until then. However I think it's how the app interacts with the update that is causing the problem. So I don't know if another firmware or software update would be the fix. Hopefully someone much smarter than me will be able to sort this out soon. As above, I'll keep posting about it and appreciate any updates you find. Cheers.

Yep. Mine is still not right. I hope DJI knows about this. I'll update you if I learn anything and would appreciate it if you could do the same. Cheers.
Yep. No worries. Incidentally, rolling back to firmware 550 fixes it on mine.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Yep. No worries. Incidentally, rolling back to firmware 550 fixes it on mine.

Yes Spooky. Mine too. I think I might roll mine back again and just wait for the next update. I do like fixed wing mode when it works though. And "find my drone" though I haven't had reason to use it yet.

After upgrading to the new firmware 600, my Mavic Pro drone started acting weird and just had a mind of its own to do whatever it decided to do. My RC would not respond to any commands I gave it. It then decided to fly away from me and drifted towards the sea. It kept flying further and further away till it stopped and hovered about 200 meters above sea level. I pressed the home button as I started reaching to a panic attack level. Although it was only 3000 feet away from me and with 38% battery left, it still did not RTH. To cut a long story short, my Mavic Pro ended up with a drained battery and ended up diving head first into the sea. I lost my drone. I immediately did a report and sent all flight logs to DJI.

To my surprise, DJI emailed me today with the good news in sending me a new one. Obviously without the charger, remote control and my 64gb SD card as the charger and remote control are still at me. Fair enough, they are still sending me a 16gb SD card anyways. I'm better off paying for another 64GB SD card rather then having to purchase another Mavic Pro. What I love about DJI, apart from sending me the new Drone, they also cover expenses on taxes and vat. They are also sending it via DHL. So, thank you DJI for your quick and efficent response.

Last Saturday, I flew a drone that belongs to a friend of mine that was scared to fly his drone after the new firmware 600. So, i came up with an idea in tying a fishing line to the back of the bottom plastic black holes. As we started to take off, I saw that the flight was going smooth. As it flew up to about a 100 feet, it just drifted away like mine did. So we tried controlling it. Still nothing. Although it was still with 76% battery, I left it do as it pleased for the next 3 minutes. When I saw that it does not respond, I started pulling back slowly the fishing line. And thank god for that, had I not come up with that idea, another drone would have been lost. It is now downgraded to firmware 500 and works fine.

Last edited:
After upgrading to the new firmware 600, my Mavic Pro drone started acting weird and just had a mind of its own to do whatever it decided to do. My RC would not respond to any commands I gave it. It then decided to fly away from me towards the sea. It kept fly further and further away till it stopped and hovered about 200 meters above sea level. I pressed the home button as I started to panic. Although it was only 3000 feet away from me and with 38% battery left, it still did not RTH. To cut a long story short, my Mavic Pro ended up with a drained battery and ended up driving into the sea. I lost my drone. I immediately did a report and sent all flight logs to DJI.

To my surprise, DJI emailed me today with the good news in sending me a new one. Obviously without the charger, remote control and my 64gb SD card as the charger and remote control are still at me. Fair enough, they are still sending me a 16gb SD card anyways. I'm better off paying for another 64GB SD card rather then having to purchase another Mavic Pro. What I love about DJI, apart from sending me the new Drone, they also cover expenses on taxes and vat. They are also sending it via DHL. So, thank you DJI for your quick and efficent response.

Last Saturday, I flew a drone that belongs to a friend of mine that was scared to fly his drone after the new firmware 600. So, i came up with an idea in tying a fishing line to the back of the bottom plastic black holes. As we started to take off, I saw that the flight was going smooth. As it flew up to about a 100 feet, it just drifted away like mine did. So we tried controlling it. Still nothing. Although it was still with 76% battery, I left it do as it pleased for the next 3 minutes. When I saw that it does not respond, I started pulling back slowly the fishing line. And thank god for that, had I not come up with that idea, another drone would have been lost. It is now downgraded to firmware 500 and works fine.

Wow. Incredible story. Glad you got it replaced. You had DJI care then?

Wow. Incredible story. Glad you got it replaced. You had DJI care then?

Thanks. No I didn't have DJI Care. I think that DJI acted according to my flight logs and noticed that it was not my fault to begin with. So, they sent me a full 100% coupon to be able to get a new Mavic Pro.

Reactions: philh24 and Jaysjob
Update.
I reinstalled firmware 0600 and the problem came back even worse. 45 degree gimble. This time snapping to portrait wont fix it. Rolled back to 550 and now it's perfect again. If interested see Dropbox - 2017_04_29_13_48_3030.mp4

And
Dropbox - 2017_04_29_13_41_0711.mp4

Yep. I just backed down to .0550 and all is well for now. Hopefully .0650 will address some of these problems. When I had 6 running I could only get fixed wing mode to lock 1/10 of the time. Yes I was going fast enough. Yes I was moving forward. It's screwed up! DJI needs to fix this. I think they added a bunch of crap ahead of their latest announcement about their crystal screen thing. Not helping us though.

This Firmware update has stuffed my drone in a weird way. The images taken now are constantly corrupted and damaged/unsupported when transferred to the computer. The drone was fine before updating and now everything has corrupted, even old images on the card are unusable.

Have tried new cards and downgrading the software but no luck. Has anyone had this issue?? I use my drone for work and can't believe this has happened

**EDIT** Also just attempted to download the images to my phone through DJI Go 4 directly just as Jpegs and comes up a connection error and failed to download. Seems like the entire thing is a complete muck up. Am going to have to attempt to go back to 1.03.04 or something because it doesn't allow me to go back to .03.05

Last edited:
This Firmware update has stuffed my drone in a weird way. The images taken now are constantly corrupted and damaged/unsupported when transferred to the computer. The drone was fine before updating and now everything has corrupted, even old images on the card are unusable.

Have tried new cards and downgrading the software but no luck. Has anyone had this issue?? I use my drone for work and can't believe this has happened

**EDIT** Also just attempted to download the images to my phone through DJI Go 4 directly just as Jpegs and comes up a connection error and failed to download. Seems like the entire thing is a complete muck up. Am going to have to attempt to go back to 1.03.04 or something because it doesn't allow me to go back to .03.05
Hmm...No, I haven't had that issue at all. Only gimble issue and random camera focusing issue with version 0600. Thankfully I was able to roll back to the much more stable 0550 firmware (twice now) and all is perfect.
It will be interesting to see how quick 0650 is released. Regardless, I wont update until plenty of others have reviewed the new version and verified its stability.

Tip, I find my upgrades go a lot smoother and faster if I upgrade using DJI Assistant2 but just ug in the Mavic only with controller off then I upgrade the controller on its own.
If I try with both on the upgrade seems to hang when controller restarts or the upgrade says finished but asks to update again when starting drone. So now I just do one at a time and all goes perfectly. Im now on .600 and have not found any problems as yet. Its fixed and improved a lot of problems that .500 and .550 had.

What pb with 550?

Hi there.
My answer to your question is yes. I had the same problem where I can view videos on my phone but not on my PC. When I transfered the video on my PC, the video is all green and sometimes non playable. However, on the phone, it works fine and clear. I tried playing it on VLC, media player and much more to no avail. Now that you are stating the same problem, puts my mind at rest that its not my pc playing up.

Well 0700 is here. Let's see if this fixes our problems. I'm a bit hesitant to venture beyond 0550 at the moment.

Tell us how it goes as although I got mine replaced after the 600 firmware, I'm still scared to take it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78