DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware : v01.04.0100

Get a 5th gen iPad and all will be well :) I've never been a fan of using a phone when flying. iOS seems to be more in tune with DJI tech anyway... probably collusion in the market... but who doesn't these days?
There is an Google play logo on the original mavic package and they should respect it IMHO. Blending with apple or not, they should deliver proper software, especially for devices that fly in the sky.

How do I verify which FW is currently on my Mavic?
All I can see is it tells me "Latest Firmware"
Connect your RC with an USB cable to a computer and run DJI Assistant 2 (software from DJI, download it from DJI page). Open the program, then connect the cable, then power on the RC. The software will recognize the device, download and install the drivers (it takes a while), read the firmware version and let you know if there is any update available. Same with the Mavic, connect to the microUSB port on the side of the bird

11-25-2017.. 10:53 Mountain time. Today! So, disjointed that the latest Mavic Firmware updates and the DJI GO4 updates (the latest) is preventing the use of my Nexus 7, I tried one more time to use the nexus7 and, then I received an update notice, to update my firmware (which I had already performed via wi-fi). After my performing the original updates on all, (several days ago) I used Assistant 2 to verify my firmware versions were correct, and they were. I checked the goggles, Mavic and the controller, all showed the latest updates installed with no way to downgrade, all previous firmware versions were gone.

So, a few minutes ago, all the updates are happening again. Via Wi-Fi, again. Not sure what's happening and why the firmware updates are occurring, again.
Can someone comment of what this flying idiot is doing wrong. In most all cases, I am usually the cause of any issues, somehow. What now?

I am using firmware 01.04.0100 (latest upgrade) and DJI Go 4.1.18 (also latest version) and it is awful on video and responsiveness ! Do I need to downgrade BOTH firmware and application? (and how can firmware be downgraded? Using Assistant, there are no options for previous versions!) HELP !!!
Just downgrade the app from apkmirror.com and follow the instructions from Exphantomflyer in #84
DO not need to roll back firmware (which, by the way, is not an option at this point)

Connect your RC with an USB cable to a computer and run DJI Assistant 2 (software from DJI, download it from DJI page). Open the program, then connect the cable, then power on the RC. The software will recognize the device, download and install the drivers (it takes a while), read the firmware version and let you know if there is any update available. Same with the Mavic, connect to the microUSB port on the side of the bird

Have had a Mavic for over a year and always upgraded to latest firmware with nary an issue. Until now. I updated the DJI Go 4 app and firmware today and now have the same issue as jcp and others. The video downlink is essentially nonfunctional even with the Mavic on the ground next to the controller. I've reloaded the firmware 3 times and tried custom downlink with 20 MHz and 10 MHz but see no difference.

I've been using a Samsung Note 4 with the Mavic from day 1 and have never had even the slightest problem. Until now.

This is the first upgrade I recall where DJI eliminated the option to roll back firmware to the previous version. I guess I'm grounded until there is a fix.
Note 4 Video Feed Issues here too!

Uninstalled DJI Go 4 app, re-installed - no change. Video downlink is still non-functional.

Question for Android users that have had success with latest DJI Go 4 (v 4.1.18) and latest firmware (v 01.04.0100) - if you go to Remote Controller Settings / Button Customization, are you able to set the function for buttons C1 and C2? Since I updated the firmware these buttons show as "undefined" and cannot be changed.

Here is what the video downlink looks like after the firmware update. My Mavic is a paper weight until this is resolved.

View attachment 25464
Note 4 Video Feed Issues here too! My image looks exactly the same. - No issue with Samsung S2 tablet.

The way I see this: many of us work very hard and long hours to afford these "toys". And, when a holiday occurs, like this one, Thanksgiving, many of us have about 5 days off of work, so we can play with these expensive toys. This update was released at the beginning of this holiday and many of us rely upon DJI competence and expect them to better our flying experience, not ground us for the entire time, as I am and have thus far been. The DJI Goggles work well so, the only way for me to fly after updating all as provided by DJI, is illegally. Or, allow my dog to be my spotter. Thanks DJI and I do say that most sarcastically!

Reactions: electroacouengineer
Geez, you might as well just recommend blindly walking off the edge of a cliff.
DJI is currently harming its customers' interests with their continued releases of restrictive, broken code.

Reactions: electroacouengineer
The way I see this: many of us work very hard and long hours to afford these "toys". And, when a holiday occurs, like this one, Thanksgiving, many of us have about 5 days off of work, so we can play with these expensive toys. This update was released at the beginning of this holiday and many of us rely upon DJI competence and expect them to better our flying experience, not ground us for the entire time, as I am and have thus far been. The DJI Goggles work well so, the only way for me to fly after updating all as provided by DJI, is illegally. Or, allow my dog to be my spotter. Thanks DJI and I do say that most sarcastically!
If only there were some good guys addressing these issues.........

You can also check App revision, RC and Magic firmware versions in the DJI GO 4 app: click on the general settings - the three dots at the top left of the screen - then click on About at the bottom. That shows all the versions if you have the aircraft and controller turned on.

The only thing I can add to the 4.1.18 comments is that along with the corrupted video feed my tablet got much hotter than usual. Reloading 4.1.15 got me pretty much back to normal even with the newest firmware.The DJI GO 4 app overworks the cpu and video processor, especially true for 'older' phones and tablets.

What exactly is “Broadcast Identification “ that was added and how does that work?

Wow, what a wonky experience! I hit some issues as well. I use a dedicated Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1. Never had issues with it. So, I updated the Mavic firmware:

App 4.1.18
Aircraft 1.04.0100
RC 1.04.0100
Aircraft database 1.00.01.07
App database 1.00.01.07
Fly safe 1.00.01.05

...and got the "laggy/pixilated screen" issue! I've seen this happen when I tried running DJI GO4 on an older tablet- a Galaxy Tab S. It just didn't have enough processor/memory/something to run it and was laggy/pixilated. I suspect the new firmware/DJI combo has some kind of memory issue that perhaps tablets with more "umpf" may be able to gloss over...

Reverting the DJI GO back to 4.1.15 as described in prior posts DID fix it for me. Which is strange...I update the Mavic firmware, and to fix it...had to downgrade the app...

Last edited:
Wow, what a wonky experience! I hit some issues as well. I use a dedicated Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1. Never had issues with it. So, I updated the Mavic firmware:

App 4.1.18
Aircraft 1.04.0100
RC 1.04.0100
Aircraft database 1.00.01.07
App database 1.00.01.07
Fly safe 1.00.01.05

...and got the "laggy/pixilated screen" issue! I've seen this happen when I tried running DJI GO4 on an older tablet- a Galaxy Tab S. It just didn't have enough processor/memory/something to run it and was laggy/pixilated. I suspect the new firmware/DJI combo has some kind of memory issue that perhaps tablets with more "umpf" may be able to gloss over...

Reverting the DJI GO back to 4.1.15 as described in prior posts DID fix it for me. Which is strange...I update the Mavic firmware, and to fix it...had to downgrade the app...
Norad, I have the same equipment and versions as you. I've kept my Samsung S5 because I also have two replaceable batteries for it, and it's been so reliable. I will try to downgrade my app to 4.1.15 and see if that helps, otherwise I suppose I'll get a Galaxy Note 8 just for flying ;o( NOT a great holiday for Mavic pilots !!

You can also check App revision, RC and Magic firmware versions in the DJI GO 4 app: click on the general settings - the three dots at the top left of the screen - then click on About at the bottom. That shows all the versions if you have the aircraft and controller turned on.

The only thing I can add to the 4.1.18 comments is that along with the corrupted video feed my tablet got much hotter than usual. Reloading 4.1.15 got me pretty much back to normal even with the newest firmware.The DJI GO 4 app overworks the cpu and video processor, especially true for 'older' phones and tablets.
Having trouble "Reloading 4.1.15", I don't see the dots at the top left of the screen anymore ;o( Do I have to use the APK Mirror site?

To prove that the pixelation problem is exclusively related to the DJI GO App I tried the following:
I have two RCs linked to the same mavic and two phones, an old BLU Studio Energy 2 (Android 5.0 16 GB, 1.5 GB RAM) with DJI GO 4 version 4.1.9 (333-gpPhone) and a newer BLU Energy XL (Android 5.1 64 GB, 3 GB RAM) wirh DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 (426-googlePlay)
I run both simultaneously (linked to the same mavic) and while v4.1.18 was totally useless the old phone had a pristine image and worked flawlessly (latest firmware in both RC and Mavic)
I taped the RC's and phones side by side but could not upload the mp4 file, I got a "wrong file type" message, apparently you can only upload images. If anyone can tell me how to do it I will upload the video file

Yet I have 2 mavics using the exact same phone using 4.1.18 one has the issue the other doesn't both mavics using 1.4.0100

Reactions: Bachi

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661