DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware : v01.04.0100

Man I wish you guys would stop scaring me like this! Every time I read one of these threads I freak out because I always update immediately when prompted. Then inevitably someone on here has problems... I get nervous until I read the posts and realize that it's almost always guys with old phones. Whew!

My Samsung S8+ works perfectly without issue! Quite frankly, it was a mistake hooking it up because it refocused me on how silly I sometimes feel shelling out approx $700 on a Crystalsky monitor, DJI mount and charger. The display with this phone is awesome! Luckily, I can console myself with how solid the CS package feels in the hand and how quickly it sets up.
Funnily enough my experience is the opposite. I only ha e issues with the S8+ but not my 6S+.

The only reason I still keep my iPhone is purely for the Mavic. I have much more faith in flying with the 6S+ than the S8+

I'm on iPhone 7, GO4 4.1.18 and the latest firmware, and all was great. Smooth update, flies as per normal and video seems the same as well. I used up two batteries taking pano spheres of my entire neighbourhood... :)
How did you get it uploaded as a sphere?

Wow, what a wonky experience! I hit some issues as well. I use a dedicated Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1. Never had issues with it. So, I updated the Mavic firmware:

App 4.1.18
Aircraft 1.04.0100
RC 1.04.0100
Aircraft database 1.00.01.07
App database 1.00.01.07
Fly safe 1.00.01.05

...and got the "laggy/pixilated screen" issue! I've seen this happen when I tried running DJI GO4 on an older tablet- a Galaxy Tab S. It just didn't have enough processor/memory/something to run it and was laggy/pixilated. I suspect the new firmware/DJI combo has some kind of memory issue that perhaps tablets with more "umpf" may be able to gloss over...

Reverting the DJI GO back to 4.1.15 as described in prior posts DID fix it for me. Which is strange...I update the Mavic firmware, and to fix it...had to downgrade the app...
I have just downgraded the DJI Go 4 app back to 4.1.15 but kept the latest firmware 1.04.0100 and it WORKED !! I use the Samsung S5 and a Galaxy Tab S the same as Norad2000x - haven't tried the tablet yet, but video pixelation and responsiveness issues seem okay after downgrading Go 4 to the older version !!

Reactions: Norad2000x
To prove that the pixelation problem is exclusively related to the DJI GO App I tried the following:
I have two RCs linked to the same mavic and two phones, an old BLU Studio Energy 2 (Android 5.0 16 GB, 1.5 GB RAM) with DJI GO 4 version 4.1.9 (333-gpPhone) and a newer BLU Energy XL (Android 5.1 64 GB, 3 GB RAM) wirh DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 (426-googlePlay)
I run both simultaneously (linked to the same mavic) and while v4.1.18 was totally useless the old phone had a pristine image and worked flawlessly (latest firmware in both RC and Mavic)
I taped the RC's and phones side by side but could not upload the mp4 file, I got a "wrong file type" message, apparently you can only upload images. If anyone can tell me how to do it I will upload the video file
Link to video in youtube
(also some fine drone shots)

Don't want to jinx myself, but upgraded app and firmware on my iPhone X running beta 11.2 iOS and all is well -- no video issues, and the new Pano seems to be fine. Hope they get the issues with other phones sorted out soon!

But you will miss out on the 'new' features of the new Go4.
For new features, read more junk you don't need....
I'd be happy for the app to safely fly the drone, turn the camera on and off and send me pictures on my Android device.
I don't want or need an editing suite, adds, data mining and twenty other things running in the background that stall out the device resources
Not much to ask really.

Thanks O3Vibe.

Just finished 2 hour chat session with Aron from DJI support. No resolution yet, Aron consulted with their "higher department" and diagnosed the problem as the camera in the Mavic. That doesn't seem likely since video from the Mavic SD card still looks good, it's just live view and cache video on the mobile device that is bad. Aron said it is not possible to revert to the previous version firmware. Aron said he would submit this issue to a "Senior representative" and I should get an e-mail within 48 hours. He indicated it's likely I will have to send the Mavic in "for diagnosis and possible repair."

Not looking good at this point!

I just heard back from Howard in DJI support. He said the issue was elevated to DJI Engineers and Developers. Their suggestion is to try another mobile device, one that's compatible with v4.1.18 DJI Go 4 app. Thanks a lot DJI!

I'm thankful for the helpful members of this forum who provide support. Not only is the response much faster, it's actually helpful. Uninstalling DJI Go 4 v4.1.18 and reverting to v4.1.15 as suggested first by jcp411 fixed the issue.

Reactions: rfeineis
I got a Mavic Pro from Costco a couple weeks ago and everything ran fine with my Galaxy S7 Edge for 22 flights, almost 2.5 hours and 6,000+ meters total distance with no problems. I then had an opportunity to return it and re-purchase a new one saving $190 also from Costco with their Black Friday sale, which I did. The new Mavic Pro immediately updated to 4.0100 which I was looking forward to for the pano. My S7E is running 4.1.18 and I was having terrible video feed as described here, in addition to repeated reports that the video feed had disconnected. I did a couple of ground checks in the house with no video feed issues, however when flying the issues return. I then decided to try my iPhone 6 which on my first two short flights appeared to work perfectly.

This is where things appear to differ from what I've read so far here:
A few hours later I attempted another flight with the iPhone 6 connected to the remote. On initial power on the RC connected to the Mavic, Go4 let me enter the device and was showing some details like satellites, mode, etc. but the video was just grey and the status bar at the top was red saying that the Mavic was connected but no video was being transmitted. I tried closing and re-launching Go4 on the iPhone with no change. I then power cycled the Mavic and RC (not Go4) and the video feed connected then appeared to work through about 10 minutes of flight out to a max of about 100m.

My question is, should I be concerned that there is a hardware issue with the Mavic/RC given the 0 video on the last initial boot? Should I return this and try another one?
Thanks

I did several panos, all of them had the same issue. For every position, it takes three shots, straight, up and down. Every single up was bad - not sure if it's the props or the front of the Mavic. I deleted all of the ups and Lightroom was able to stitch them together. All of the ups look like this!
Do you have a hood around your camera for sun glare? if not I would say that is the front shell of the mavic.

...My S7E is running 4.1.18 and I was having terrible video feed as described here, in addition to repeated reports that the video feed had disconnected...
Downgrade Go 4 to 4.1.15 and disable auto updates. When my Tab A updated to 4.1.18 the video feed became unusable.

Just a update with this FW. You will not be able to roll back the FW once you upgrade to this FW! Don’t update! Roll back to FW 0400 if you can! Total freedom, No Issues!
Reported, on 11-25-2017.
DM.. :eek:

Last edited:
I got my alpine white Mavic Pro on Wednesday. Turn it on and did whatever the latest update. Flew with 1 battery that day, and 2 on Friday. Was bummed it didn’t have the pano mode. DJI Go didnt say there was a firmware update.
Today, I got all 3 batteries charged and ready to fly. When I turned my Mavic on , DJI Go says there’s a fw update. Went ahead, and happy to found it has pano mode. Takes less number of photos than the Spark to create a 360° shot.
Then tried to capture video. Noticed the RC was beeping and it looked like it was recording, and not, etc. It seemed odd. When I check the media on DJI Go and later the micro sd card, there were 1sec, 3sec, 7sec, etc videos. Very strange.
I’ll test again the next time I fly.

Don't want to jinx myself, but upgraded app and firmware on my iPhone X running beta 11.2 iOS and all is well -- no video issues, and the new Pano seems to be fine. Hope they get the issues with other phones sorted out soon!
And, Tablets

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661