DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First attempt at night photography

Yep affinity is a great program, bought mine a few years ago;) but a cracking 1st time night shot.

Thank you. Bear in mind though I have been seriously in to photography for years so the theory is all there already - just translating it to aerial work.

So you know where I am geographically the very dark structure almost exactly centre frame is Hillsborough stadium and the shot was taken from a launch site in a field a couple of minutes from my house.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Thank you. Bear in mind though I have been seriously in to photography for years so the theory is all there already - just translating it to aerial work

Yeah I know that going by your comments in the photo section of this forum, you don’t need to remind me;)

Yeah I know that going by your comments in the photo section of this forum, you don’t need to remind me;)

Fair :). Just a lot of people (present company excepted) somehow think that drone photography is completely different and are surprised when things don’t turn out well so thought it worth pointing out for any thread-lurkers :).

Need to think of some more nighttime subjects now though...

Fair :). Just a lot of people (present company excepted) somehow think that drone photography is completely different and are surprised when things don’t turn out well so thought it worth pointing out for any thread-lurkers :).

Need to think of some more nighttime subjects now though...

I know exactly where your coming fromThumbswayup I’ve got a couple of night projects that I’ve been researching but I’m controlled by the weather which is crap down south at the mo:(

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Reactions: dannybgoode
great picture.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Very good. Make the most of it. I bet they will stop us flying at night on the UK next November. Bloody kill joys

I don't think they will to be honest - they have already brought in the main restrictions on the actual flying (max altitude and min distances from airports, crowds etc) and I would have thought they would have covered night lfying in July also.

Nice shot!Would you mind posting your settings?

This is my first attempt at night photography so just went with in-drone 3 shot AEB with a 2 second exposure and saved the RAW files. In Affinity I just used the auto HDR merge with tone mapping at 40% and then tweaked the various dark point, exposure, contrast settings etc till I was happy.

I am hoping to improve my technique and will have plenty of dark nights to practice on over the winter!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki