DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 First flight ever!

I'm close to the lake, so I tend to do the shoreline, parks, museums, and cemeteries (from high up, of course - don't want to disturb mourners). How about you?
Not that close to the lake. but not far either... Close to Old Orchard shopping center. So far the most interesting placed I've filmed are by the lake; Bahai Temple, North Shore Congregation Israel, Evanston Lighthouse and a night light scene during the holiday from the peninsula by the Planetarium to Navy Pier and back. I need to find some more interesting projects as I think I hit the best ones right away that are relatively close by. I've got some ideas about the Chicago River, Millenium Park and Lake Calumet area and the Skyway bridge.

You have any thoughts for future projects?

Not that close to the lake. but not far either... Close to Old Orchard shopping center. So far the most interesting placed I've filmed are by the lake; Bahai Temple, North Shore Congregation Israel, Evanston Lighthouse and a night light scene during the holiday from the peninsula by the Planetarium to Navy Pier and back. I need to find some more interesting projects as I think I hit the best ones right away that are relatively close by. I've got some ideas about the Chicago River, Millenium Park and Lake Calumet area and the Skyway bridge.

Too soon for me to plan. I've got to learn to control my drone first.

That said, I think most of what I end up shooting is going to be countryside or historical.

Reactions: chicagohistorypod

Well, if you're going to film around Chicago and the suburbs... consider checking out:

I mean, pretty amazing. Honestly, even friends across the pond like Tig should enjoy this. Filming here gets tricky because of the flight paths to O'Hare Airport, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Reactions: Tig
Well, if you're going to film around Chicago and the suburbs... consider checking out:

I mean, pretty amazing. Honestly, even friends across the pond like Tig should enjoy this. Filming here gets tricky because of the flight paths to O'Hare Airport, as I'm sure you've noticed.
I saw the film. It provided some interesting ideas. Spring is around the corner and the light quality will improve as we move toward the summer months.

As a side note, if anyone hasn't noticed, the light quality isn't nearly as nice as the west and southwest US gets. It has to have something to do with the prismatic effect of the angle at which the light hits the atmosphere. Even in the good months we have only a few minutes of "sweet light" at the beginning and end of daylight. We don't see many (if any) award winning landscape photos from the midwest, do we? That's because the light quality basically sucks 95% of the time. Some of my best outdoor portraits were done in the summer around 5am. I did a series of portraits in Louisiana some years ago and even mid-day I still got good lighting.

This does get juddery but that happened when uploaded - I've no idea what I am doing with setting up a 4k HDR project in Premiere Pro 2021, let alone how to properly export.

This isn't a sexy flight, I was learning, well, everything, so was taking my time.

Safety first; big grin, second! Congrats and welcome aboard. The fun begins ....... ????

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d