DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight newbie questions

Busaman

Reactions
Had my first flight in cloudy conditions it was 50 degrees Fahrenheit and 15 mph winds. I have a couple questions so if you can help me. On the DJI app there's a spot to clear cache if I clear this cash and lose my Firmware , will by mavic lose its updates ? Also I see it's a common problem the props come off the Mavic if not instslled properly. How do you know if they're on tight an safe to fly ? Thanks for your help for the pilots!

Reactions: farmboy999
I would search youtube for Mavic Props and you'll find videos walking you through the process of installing or checking the props. I've had my Mavic since early November by the way and never once to uninstall or install the props, I fly it as it came.

In terms of the cache, obviously a number of caches exist so not sure what one you mean e.g. video, photo or firmware. But I guess you mean firmware cache, once the Mavic, battery and controller is updated you are all set and clearing the cache will not remove the firmware from those. However the firmware cache might save time if you have multiple batteries and each batteries firmware needs updating. So if the firmware cache is not bothering you, leave it be.

Had my first flight in cloudy conditions it was 50 degrees Fahrenheit and 15 mph winds. I have a couple questions so if you can help me. On the DJI app there's a spot to clear cache if I clear this cash and lose my Firmware , will by mavic lose its updates ? Also I see it's a common problem the props come off the Mavic if not instslled properly. How do you know if they're on tight an safe to fly ? Thanks for your help for the pilots!
Cache holds photos and videos as well as your flight logs. The firmware is saved on an entirely different storage system. Firmware cannot be lost. A general rule of thumb if the prop doesn't pop off on it's own when stationary, it probably won't pop off during flight. Even if they weren't completely locked in, if they were pressed into the motor and still grabbing the locking notch a little bit, the rotation of the motors would force the tabs into the lock completely and lock on it's own. However, it's good to know when the props are on correctly, as sometimes they can fly off if they were barely in the lock notch.

Good idea to do a hover at low altitude to make sure props are stable and attached properly. Better to have the prop dislodge or fly off at a low altitude right? :)

Last edited:
Good idea to do a hover at low altitude to make sure props are stable and attached properly. Better to have the dislodge or fly off at a low altitude right? :)
Best not to stand next to it in that case. :p

Reactions: BD0G
Simply hold the motor and gently try to rotate the prop base in the direction opposite the locking direction. If it's snug and doesn't move, you're good to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78