DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First screen lockup on DJI RC and M3P

amajamar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was flying at 200 feet recording a simple 4K 30FPS video and doing a 360 degree yaw rotation when I noticed a momentary stutter on the display. Initially I thought the drone stopped rotating but after a few seconds the display jumped ahead. Then it stuttered a couple of more times and then froze up completely. I could not stop the recording, or change to camera mode. The good thing was I still had control of the drone, and since it was directly overhead, I was able to bring it down for a safe landing.

The only thing that I did differently on this flight, was I set the map into compass mode for the first time. I was not using active track, screen recording, or other "stressful" functions. The only other thing was that I did get one high wind warning that disappeared after about 10 seconds during the flight.

I restarted the RC and sent the drone back up and flew without issue (did the same 360 degree shot) and had no issues, although I did not use the compass mode that time.

I am flying the 1.6.8 update, and do not want to update to 1.6.9 due to some obstacle avoidance issues I heard about on the 1.6.9. update for phones.

Any thoughts?

These are exactly the reasons to get up to 1.6.9 and make sure you have 01.01.0100, in MHO and much experience.

Reactions: MS Coast
More likely than not, it is a function of the device you are using for the Go Fly app. Make sure you force close every app and only have the Go Fly app running. This exact same thing happens to me with my dated iPad 5th gen and my M2 Pro. Particularly when I am placing a heavier load on the processor in the iPad. So I wait and let the app catch up. The drone will respond to the sticks as normal whilst you wait.
If it was a big enough pain to me, I would buy a newer iPad.

More likely than not, it is a function of the device you are using for the Go Fly app. Make sure you force close every app and only have the Go Fly app running. This exact same thing happens to me with my dated iPad 5th gen and my M2 Pro. Particularly when I am placing a heavier load on the processor in the iPad. So I wait and let the app catch up. The drone will respond to the sticks as normal whilst you wait.
If it was a big enough pain to me, I would buy a newer iPad.
Yes, but I'm using DJI RC. So, nothing else running I think.

I had the same experience in the past with v1.6.8. If i find some time i will give it a try today with the updated v1.6.9 on the DJI RC.

Sometimes it heals itself after a 30-60 seconds. If it doesn´t heals itself I rebooted the controller in the past or landed manually.

I had the same experience in the past with v1.6.8. If i find some time i will give it a try today with the updated v1.6.9 on the DJI RC.

Sometimes it heals itself after a 30-60 seconds. If it doesn´t heals itself I rebooted the controller in the past or landed manually.
Was it something that you could get to happen repeatedly? It was the first time for me, so I don't really have a frame of reference for "fixed", even after I do the update...

Not really but it happened only when I was filming 4K with 30 or 60 FPS (not 100% sure about the frame settings).

It never happened when I only took photos or did an Hyperlapse. Maybe coincidence? I didn't know.

Edit: I recorded a couple of 4K 60FPS videos. No freezing. But I will keep an eye on this.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078