DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First testflight with my mavic. Dont know about the picture quality

larsst185

Reactions
Tok my first video with my mavic yesterday. Is it normal that trees and leaves look so blurry. I just dont think the picture is as sharp as I was expecting it to be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: johnnyV
What's the raw footage like?

Might just be youtube.

Be handy to post your camera settings.

That looks like you recorded in 1080p, correct? If so, you might want to change your settings to 2.7k. There seems to be a known issue with recording in 1080p -- image quality just sucks. I don't think this is a problem on only some Mavics -- it's a problem with all of them.

I personally shoot in 2.7k and I'm very happy with the quality, but when I tried 1080, it looks like your video.

I know some people shoot in 4k and are happy with that, but it's overkill for my purposes....plus I don't have a 4k monitor to play back the videos.

If your images are looking blurry, don't forget to use tap to focus. You can also program C1 or C2 to focus in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Here's my raw footage that I took yesterday:

It looks sharper than your footage. You won't see all the little background details in 1080p, change it to 4K

That's nice and clear, did you shoot in 4k and export at 2.7k?

Mine was shot in 1080p. I was using the tap focus all the time as you can see in the video. Will try to replicate the film in 4 k tomorrow as the wheather and light conditions is quite similar as it was last time.

Mine was shot in 1080p. I was using the tap focus all the time as you can see in the video. Will try to replicate the film in 4 k tomorrow as the wheather and light conditions is quite similar as it was last time.

I thought 1080p would be sufficient as well but when you're talking about capturing all the details of stuff that's miles away that's when you start to notice that 1080p isn't enough. 4K camera on a drone is pretty essential

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78